Metal Guitarist Forums banner

USB audio interface issue

3K views 27 replies 3 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 ·
I've had this for a while and I finally started using it a few weeks ago. Works awesome for recording/Guitar Rig, etc but when it comes to jamming along to some tunes via Guitar Rig and windows media player, winamp or whatever, I can only get sound from one program and not the other. For example, if I have Guitar Rig going and then I open winamp, I only get audio from Guitar Rig and no sound from winamp(whichever is started first only works).
The interface is a Lexicon Alpha. Nothing fancy.
I guess the Lexicon basically has taken over for my sound card. I have my speakers running out of the Lexicon and tried moving them to the sound card and no dice. Any suggestions?
I also had all that ASIO drivers and stuff previously installed... could that be part of the problem?

#6 ·
Luckily I have an onboard soundcard with separate speakers that I run all computer sounds through. So my impact twin handles asio only through my rokit monitors.
This way I can run winamp or whatever to jam along with music.

But I really want a Mac....

#7 ·
Luckily I have an onboard soundcard with separate speakers that I run all computer sounds through. So my impact twin handles asio only through my rokit monitors.
This way I can run winamp or whatever to jam along with music.
That was my other idea since I have a decent set of unused pc speakers here. :lol:

And Chris... if I could afford a non-windows machine, I'd probably have one. Until then I'll have to make do with what I have.

#8 ·
I've actually no idea if a Mac operates differently. I have the 828, and it handles in/out (hehe, handles the in/out..) as well as my monitors on it's own, so I can track and monitor at the same time.

I always had the same issue Donnie's having with Windows unless I did some oddball cabling voodoo. My device (pod, etc) would eat the line-in, and ASIO wouldn't let me monitor using my onboard sound card. WDM would be unusably laggy.

#14 ·
I know, kitten. Don't get your panties in a wad. :wub:
I'm sure if I spent a few extra $$$ on a better interface I'd be good to go but the one I have was a gift and I just want to use it to it's full potential and not be all "you got me a piece of crap, bitch!" :lol:

#23 ·
Won't work with one soundcard. Most interfaces can't run asio and wdm at the same time. And asio is can only run one program at a time. So unless you import the track you want to play along with into Cubase, (<- never thought about that one before) you're out of luck.

#25 ·
Hmm, you guys have considerably better google-Fu. I think I remember reading about a vst plugin that can play mp3 files directly in Cubase. That would be the easiest solution.

Ooooor, just play the mp3 files in the tape deck in GR :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.