Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First impressions of Logic Pro X are really great. I had to re-download/update a few plugins, but pretty much everything works in 64-bit. The user interface is, imo, far superior to that of 8 and 9, everything is just laid out in a more intuitive way.

I did have to change around some of my keyboard shortcuts back to what I was used to, but even that was really easy to do. All in all, it's definitely worth the upgrade if you know that most of your plugins will work.

On to the music - I went back to finish up loose ends on FF XIII with a few days off. I've been super inspired as of late (working on a new project which I'll let you guys know about ASAP), so I thought it'd be good to take that creative energy into something I had actually been doing.

Unfortunately, this is another headphone mix :noway: It sounds alright there, but I feel like it's probably not up to par with what I've released in the past. That being said, I always want feedback on stuff I can improve!

Thanks, dudes :metal:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I think it sounds really good, man. What kind of machine are you running it on, and what kind of performance are you getting out of it?

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a late 2011 Macbook Pro. I've got 8GB RAM, as opposed to the standard 4GB, but that's pretty much it.

Not sure what you really mean in regards to performance, but I'm able to load all of my plugins (I run one instance of S2.0 with a 1.8GB sample drumkit and another instance of S2.0 with Metal Machine simultaneously, plus everything else) without even hiccups. With 8 Express, it was definitely slowing down the machine with all of that open.

I'm a big fan. The UI is nicer and everything's laid out in a more intuitive way than previous. Haven't delved too deep into the newer features like Drummer, but it's worth the upgrade price for the ease & smoothness of use for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts