Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this be worth $400 bucks?

The guitar center closest to me has one there and I'm REALLY tempted to buy it. But I'm not sure if it would be worth the money. They also have a Deluxe Jr V for $429 up also ont their used site.

From the pic it looks to be in decent shape though

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
If you love the graphic, sure. Just know going in that the bridge, and the pickups, are going to be awful.
The bridge is fantastic, actually. There's a little allen wrench screw right under the trem on the trembar cavity that you can tighten or loosen, and once you hit the sweet spot, the bridge is perfection. I love my Giger. It's an awesome playing and sounding axe. definitely change out the pickups, after that you'll be so happy you bought it. Think of a jackson soloist with an Ibanez Wizard neck. Awesome.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The bridge is fantastic, actually. There's a little allen wrench screw right under the trem on the trembar cavity that you can tighten or loosen, and once you hit the sweet spot, the bridge is perfection. I love my Giger. It's an awesome playing and sounding axe. definitely change out the pickups, after that you'll be so happy you bought it. Think of a jackson soloist with an Ibanez Wizard neck. Awesome.
That's an Edge 3, right?

Edit: Ah, it's an Edge Pro II. Sorry - it's not terrible, but not "fantastic" either. I have one on the neckthrough I'm selling. It's definitely better than the E3, but I wouldn't say fantastic. Original Edges are fantastic. ;)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:agreed:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I've been very lucky with trems. Ironically, my worst trems were the old lo pro edge b/c I never had fresh bushings for the trembar. Chris you and I talked about this like 3-4 years ago. You said you had to use saran wrap or something to keep the trem bar in the edge III, but I'm not sure if you found that bar tightening screw. It makes it perfect. My giger is a second year giger,2007, and it has the edge III on it. My edge III flutters perfectly, the bar is nice and tight, and never goes out of tune.

Here's that old video of me with my RG Giger:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I've been very lucky with trems. Ironically, my worst trems were the old lo pro edge b/c I never had fresh bushings for the trembar. Chris you and I talked about this like 3-4 years ago. You said you had to use saran wrap or something to keep the trem bar in the edge III, but I'm not sure if you found that bar tightening screw. It makes it perfect. My giger is a second year giger,2007, and it has the edge III on it. My edge III flutters perfectly, the bar is nice and tight, and never goes out of tune.

Here's that old video of me with my RG Giger:

YouTube - The Asylum - "Betrayal" live at Alice Cooperstown
Not to be argumentative, but I don't remember every saying anything about saran wrap (???) and though I may be a bit of a dumbass online at times, I'd hope that my whole Having A Master's Degree thing would indicate that I may have tried the bar tightening screw. :wub:

You just have good trem luck. This trem isn't bad - again, I thought it was an E3. The E3 is SHIT.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Didn't you say you wrapped the bottom of the bar with plastic wrap to get it to fit in the trem cavity better? Or is my memory just hazy? :lol:
I never did that, and really don't remember saying that, but I don't want to be mister negative pants. It's not the bar that's fucked up on mine, it's the entire bracket. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.