Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the influence of Steve Morse, and the fantastic tones he gets with his delays, I've always wanted to rig up my pedal board so I can use a volume pedal to blend the volume of my long delays on the fly, pulling them back for faster parts, and setting them full-on for long sustained notes at the end of phrases.

Last time I actually tried this, it didn't work, and I had to spend about 20 minutes putting my pedal board back the way it was. Just figured it out now, and it's awesome!

Basically, the DD3's placed in the loops of a Boss Line Selector in AB Mix mode. Loop A output goes into the input of the delay, then the direct out (the dry signal) goes to the return of loop A, and the delay tone goes into a volume pedal, then back into the return of loop B.
The effect level on the DD3's set so when the volume pedal is fully down, the echos (4 repeats) are at full volume (more than I'd realistically use for anything except big chord pads), and the signal is totally dry when the volume pedal's in the heel-down position.

It's massively inspiring to control your echoes this way. I've already go a mad plan to use the DD3 like this for my short delay, then add a Line 6 DL4 to the setup, and use an expression pedal for that to blend in some different long delays (as well as a DD7 behind them both for rhythmic delay, but that's a whole other topic).:)

Reactions: ohio_eric

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I felt like I just divided by zero.

That sounds intriguing. I've always heard good things about the Boss Line Selector and that sounds like a cool use for it.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Line Selector's probably the most underrated pedal ever made. I've had mine for years and found tons of uses for it, even if it's just as a power supply for other pedals. I've even used it as a clean boost for when I want a slight increase in volume without altering the tone when I'm switching between single coils and humbuckers, etc.:)

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Yeah I've heard of it as a boost and as a line driver to amp up the signal going into large pedal boards. I should score one to to incorporate more shit into my rig. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts