Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it Ok to do this? I have a Zion neck that I am going to get a new body for here soon. I would like to get rid of the floyd rose and go with a fixed bridge, however the nut is drilled through the neck like old school Ibanez guitars so I feel like it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to get a different nut on there. It should function just fine if I leave the locking mechanisms off right?

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
I use one. Works mint
Everyone told me it wouldn't work. Pfft

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Not at all man

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
I have a retainer bar behind the nut. Keeps the strings from going anywhere I suppose

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
yep. The guitar stays in tune awesome

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You can keep it on with no issues. However if you want a bit more control over string height and action, you can get ebanol replacement nuts that fit straight in and are brilliant. I've set a few of them up and they're awesome.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can keep it on with no issues. However if you want a bit more control over string height and action, you can get ebanol replacement nuts that fit straight in and are brilliant. I've set a few of them up and they're awesome.

I wanted to go that route, but I have no tools for working on nuts and I know such a change would require a bit of tweaking to get adjusted correctly. I will probably do that later down the road, I just want to get this bitchin 90s Zion neck back on a body and playable ASAP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts