Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of the Utility Warehouse? its a company that combines all your utilities and bills for items such as mobile phone and highstreet shopping and claims it reduces your spending.

You have to pay a couple of £'s a month to be part of the 'discount club' and i really basically need my bills to be lower. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them as reviews on the internet are either superb or scathing. Not one seems to provide a balanced view?

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
that's something I'd stay away from cause I rather handle my own bills than letting someone else do it. you're paying these guys on top of your bills I'm sure you'll be spending more.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Yeah, there's no way that works. It's like loan consolidation. They wouldn't do it if they didn't make a LOT of money from it, since it can be pretty high risk.

A better idea is to look at what you're spending all your bills on. Without posting anything personal, a few ballpark figures for where your money is going would help. :yesway:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
The real discount club is when you pay and manage your own bills. Thus you save money not paying someone else to do it.

Its like paying for an accountant to tell you how to spend you money. You dont need an accountant unless you have a shit ton of money and cant watch it all by yourself.

Dunno if thatll help but i hope it does.

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just looked into it further and it almost looks like a pyramid scheme as well? like they get people to get other people indocrinated into this discount mentality cult by offering.... you guessed it MORE DISCOUNT..... think im just gonna have accept im eating tesco own brand doritos (27p win) for lunch for the next few weeks

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
a huge thing that helps when paying bills is to look at your needs and wants. For example, Internet is purely a want you don't exactly need it to live, cellphone/home phone is a need in case of a medical emergency. Just look at what you're getting and trim the excessive stuff.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I don't care if he is or he isnt, living without the internet is the single hardest thing I had to do for a LONG time :lol: Especially when my 20mb broadband costs me £7.50 a month :lol:
yeah living without internet is rough but there's plenty of fun things you can do without internet, for example getting pussy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts