Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I couldn't decide whether I should Sticky this thread, or move it to the Epic Fail Forum.

:wub:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Also, I saw this back in 2004. It was pretty amazing to watch the Sun rise from the horizon, but this time, with a little black dot that seemed to move across its surface.

Can't wait to watch it set like that!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Today was awesome. It was just amazing to see it again.

I shall post pics as I get around to it. My buddies Tony and Tom took a lot of pics and I shall post their good stuff when it becomes available.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

Here's a pic my buddy Tony took of the transit.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Behold some random ass pictures from the event. :lol:

On the left is my buddy Tony's rig and on the right, the little black scope, is mine. All Leon's pics came from that one and quite a few other people snapped pics though it. It was also the primary visual scope for all the passers by.

On the right is my buddy Tom's telescope that he used with his DSLR and the tripod in the middle had a small solar scope attached that fed images to the laptop next to it with the sweet peep show style hood attached.

Here's some guys from Toledo who I don't really know who the fuck they are but here's a pic of them anyway.

Behold! The gathered throng! Well part of the people that showed up.

Our club mascot/attack hound, Harley.

We were right on Lake Erie with all sorts of fisherman and boaters around and of course a big ass nuclear reactor.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
In the more extreme closeups, you can see the dark side of Venus brighten ever so slightly, since the light is refracting through the thick atmosphere, all the way around to the opposite side of the planet. Awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts