Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had a set of Suhr V60s in my rosewood/ash strat for maybe six months now, and have had a set of the V60LP "low peak" version sitting on my desk for a couple weeks, and I finally got a chance to do the swap over the weekend and edit up the video last night. With minimal comment:

These pickups differ only in winding - the V60s are a conventional wind, the V60LPs are a scatterwound verison (same price, if it matters). I kept everything as identical as possible - I snapped a high E restringing after the swap, but otherwise they're the same strings, same pick, as close to the same height as I could get, same amp settings, same mics and mic levels, and same levels in the mix.

I'll withhold my own thoughts until you guys have a chance to weigh in a bit. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I swear, that Ibby is the Mohawked Guy at Wedding in 80s Comedy of your guitar wall. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swear, that Ibby is the Mohawked Guy at Wedding in 80s Comedy of your guitar wall. :lol:
You're goddamn right it is! :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That represents Drew Bringing the Metal Back.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
With all the strat stuff you have, it's high time you bust out some Maiden instead of all this low gain blues.

For your next demo, play The Trooper. :eddie:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But I LIKE low gain blues! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts