Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, this is a question I get a lot from several guitarists who want to improve their guitar skills. Will learning classical guitar help someone who wants to develop his/her skills on the electric guitar?

I hope you find this video helpful, and if you have any comments/questions feel free to leave a comment here!

· Registered
3 Posts
Now, this is a question I get a lot from several guitarists who want to improve their guitar skills. Will learning classical guitar help someone who wants to develop his/her skills on the electric guitar?

I hope you find this video helpful, and if you have any comments/questions feel free to leave a comment here!

It is just my most humble opinion, and experience, that yes, yes, any classical skills you can grasp you should go for it. I am a classical trained guitarist now and I grew up playing classical piano. All I know is that Metal Guitar makes perfect sense to me. Randy Rhoads should have been the key to most, he was to me. His classical approach is what defined his tone as much as did the plexi. If you can just put a little classical knowledge to your arsenal, you will see!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts