Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is basically me testing out 5 presets in my Axe-FX Ultra. All of them, other than the violin, are my custom patches (that I am still tweaking with).

The description of each preset is in the video description. :yesway:

I think they sound pretty badass personally. Especially my lead guitar sound with the delay, reverb, chorus, compressor, and other good stuff.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Very nice, dude! What is your amp setup - I'm *slowly* moving in this direction and think I'm going to get a Reactor cab or two instead of a traditional guitar cab.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
That sounds great man! :yesway:

This video makes me feel old. You looked so young when you first signed up on ss all those years ago, and now you're such a strapping young lad. :wub: :lol:

Edit: And holy fuck, that violin patch is so damn awesome.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice, dude! What is your amp setup - I'm *slowly* moving in this direction and think I'm going to get a Reactor cab or two instead of a traditional guitar cab.
My setup at home and at practice/live shows is completely different. I live in an apartment building with a lot of families and children, so I just plug my Axe-FX into some Bose speakers. At practice and live shows, I plug the Axe-FX into the Effects Loop Return of a Marshall JCM2000. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This video makes me feel old. You looked so young when you first signed up on ss all those years ago, and now you're such a strapping young lad. :wub: :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I was 22 when I first joined ss.org, and I'm 27 now. Time flies by, I guess.

I've messed around with the synth a lot. Been thinking of posting some off-the-wall crazy video of me sweeping and tapping through an 80's keyboard-sounding synth preset I've been fucking with that just sounds hilarious. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:lol: Yeah, I was 22 when I first joined ss.org, and I'm 27 now. Time flies by, I guess.

I've messed around with the synth a lot. Been thinking of posting some off-the-wall crazy video of me sweeping and tapping through an 80's keyboard-sounding synth preset I've been fucking with that just sounds hilarious. :lol:
If you do that, you have to get a piano key necktie for the occasion. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you do that, you have to get a piano key necktie for the occasion. :lol:
:lol: I don't even know where I could buy one of those. If I lived in the US, I could probably get one at Wal Mart or Target or Big Lots or a ton of other places for pretty cheap, but I don't see much piano key necktie love in the land of the rising sun.

But just yesterday I was doing "shreddy" stuff on that 80s keyboard synth and I couldn't help but smile and laugh the whole time. It just sounds so ridiculous - especially sweep picking. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm 34 now, and I feel like I'm watching all these youngin's growing up! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I hate you for owning it!!! :lol:

It's the best guitar on the planet that I've never seen in person or played. I just know I'd be in love if I owned it :agreed:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great. Plays great. Sounds great. What more could I want? :lol:

Only real problem is that sometimes it's hard to tell which fret you're playing. I've only played this guitar at one show so far and I didn't look at the fretboard once. I only used the dots on the side for reference, knowing I might screw up if I looked at the board. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts