Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, after several questions received, here's an in-depth review of the great B.C. Rich Jr. V 7 guitar upgraded with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. It's not a high end piece of equipment, but definitely the best "bang for the buck".

I tried to cover as many details as possible and straight to the point, complete with high quality audio clips/samples for rhythm, cleans and leads.

Hope you find it useful!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Great review, and some good points about V guitars in general - ie - using the lower wing when standing - I always do that!

some good playing also.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Quick question though. Did you buy JUST the EMG solderless kit without the pickups? and if so where?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just for reference 12 pounds is considered an incredibly heavy guitar.
I couldn't believe the specs either, you'd be amazed at how incredibly light this one feels. All my other guitars are basically mahogany and alder (which is pretty common nowadays) and they all feel way heavier

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Yes, I bought it separately straight from EMG, just gave them a call. Today the thing costs $39, back when I originally ordered it was only $25. Here's the link in case you're interested.

1 or 2 Pickups | Electric Guitar Pickups & Accessories - EMG Pickups

Thanks for watching BTW
:metal: Sweet, Been thinking about throwing some SD Blackouts in my H207, this would make it WAY easier (And cheaper since I won't have to take it to a luithier now :lol:)

Also, No problem man, you did a much better review then other people I've seen too. More in depth with it. :yesway:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
:metal: Sweet, Been thinking about throwing some SD Blackouts in my H207, this would make it WAY easier (And cheaper since I won't have to take it to a luithier now :lol:)

Also, No problem man, you did a much better review then other people I've seen too. More in depth with it. :yesway:
Just before you go with it, check the Seymour Duncan Liberator; this one still costs around $25 and is obviously targeted at SD pickups. Haven't tried it yet, but that's the way I'd go. Bear in mind you'd probably still have to solder the selector/switch (I ended up reusing the already soldered cable :p)

Liberator - change your guitar pickups using only a screwdriver

Thanks for the cool comments btw, \m/

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

If it feels light its not 15 fucking pounds :lol:

Looks good though :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Just before you go with it, check the Seymour Duncan Liberator; this one still costs around $25 and is obviously targeted at SD pickups. Haven't tried it yet, but that's the way I'd go. Bear in mind you'd probably still have to solder the selector/switch (I ended up reusing the already soldered cable :p)

Liberator - change your guitar pickups using only a screwdriver

Thanks for the cool comments btw, \m/
Yeah I thought about that too. But I really suck at soldering apparently :lol: So, even a few solder joints might not be good for me :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I've always liked the look of these guitars, and the reviews on them seem really good too. Oh well, I'm sure I can find space for one at some point....

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I'll get that fucking fact right !!! My searches keep coming back with 15 lbs and my scale is broken :scream2:
That's probably shipping weight, not actual guitar weight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts