Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obligatory note, everyone knows that my digital camera blows. When Drew makes videos, he actually takes the initiative to record a second audio track with a mic so that it sounds good - I'm not that ambitious. :lol:

Copy paste of my YT comments:

A quick video of my setup, showing how pairing the Roadster with the AFX can get you a pretty huge variety of options. This setup is one single AFX preset using Delay/Chorus/Reverb through the 4 differently voiced channels in the Roadster.

Figure 382 usable patches in the AFX x 4 channels in the roadster and you end up with over 1500 unique tones JUST with the AFX in the loop. Using the Roadster as a power amp only and all of the amp/cab simulators in the AFX and the sky is pretty much the limit.

Figure about 5 grand for this setup (2k Roadster, 2k Ultra, 800 Recto 4x12 + misc power strips/tuners etc). Not bad considering the flexibility of the end result.

NOTE: I really, really need to buy a video camera. This isn't the best example of the actual tone of the rig because my Canon SD1100 picks up twice the treble and none of the bass response, so don't judge the tone of either by this video.

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
Chris said:
It's got Dimahhhzios in it...
Some of that Bostonese accent going there Chris? :lol: I work with a chick who is originally from Boston and we have a list running on a whiteboard of things she says with a Boston accent as it's weird that it is only evident with certain words. :rofl: On topic though, cool video! :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
For a shitty camera video recording, the tones aren't half bad, at all, dude. And I dig that riff. :metal:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Some of that Bostonese accent going there Chris? :lol: I work with a chick who is originally from Boston and we have a list running on a whiteboard of things she says with a Boston accent as it's weird that it is only evident with certain words. :rofl: On topic though, cool video! :yesway:
He also said "idear" :lol:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
True Story -

Chris was actually only replaced at the last minute by Matt Damon for the lead in 'Good Will Hunting.' ;) I hear Ben Affleck recently contacted him about a feature part in 'The Town,' due to the Big Quig's street cred with the Southies. But alas, he declined due to tonal commitments.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Obligatory note, everyone knows that my digital camera blows. When Drew makes videos, he actually takes the initiative to record a second audio track with a mic so that it sounds good - I'm not that ambitious. :lol:

YouTube - AxeFX Ultra / Mesa Boogie Roadster

Copy paste of my YT comments:
I think it sounds really good, but if you want epic Youtube videos, allow me to spend your money! :rofl:

Sell your current Nikon, and buy this:

+ this:

And a good mic or two, and you'll have a badass dSLR with awesome 1080p video with external mics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts