Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obligatory note, everyone knows that my digital camera blows. When Drew makes videos, he actually takes the initiative to record a second audio track with a mic so that it sounds good - I'm not that ambitious. :lol:

Copy paste of my YT comments:

A quick video of my setup, showing how pairing the Roadster with the AFX can get you a pretty huge variety of options. This setup is one single AFX preset using Delay/Chorus/Reverb through the 4 differently voiced channels in the Roadster.

Figure 382 usable patches in the AFX x 4 channels in the roadster and you end up with over 1500 unique tones JUST with the AFX in the loop. Using the Roadster as a power amp only and all of the amp/cab simulators in the AFX and the sky is pretty much the limit.

Figure about 5 grand for this setup (2k Roadster, 2k Ultra, 800 Recto 4x12 + misc power strips/tuners etc). Not bad considering the flexibility of the end result.

NOTE: I really, really need to buy a video camera. This isn't the best example of the actual tone of the rig because my Canon SD1100 picks up twice the treble and none of the bass response, so don't judge the tone of either by this video.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had to post that, because I know Chris is a camera geek too. :D
I am indeed, but I don't do enough movie-shooting to really justify it. When the D9000 (or whatever the next model will be) comes out and I can snag a 7000 body for under 800 on the 'Bay, I'll probably go for it. :yesway: The good, and bad thing about DSLRs is that the prices tend to drop like bricks when the new sexy comes out.

Shit, I paid 900 or something for my old Rebel XT only a few years ago, and they're $300 now. :lol: Still really nice cameras too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.