Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, guitar slingers!

Buying a new piece of equipment and most particularly a guitar is one of the best things in life for a guitarist! Βut there is often a dilemma: Should you buy a brand new electric guitar or a second-hand guitar might be a better choice?

I hope you find this video helpful and if you have any comments/questions feel free to leave a comment here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tend to buy older MIJ guitars from about 1982 to 1985. Those are the nostalgia days for me. Big Ibanez Roadstar II fan, and have 2 of them, an 84 and 85. I also have an 85 Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior with a Kahler. I am always on the prowl for Washburn A models up to 1984. Haven’t found the right deal on one of those yet.

I think the new or used question is best answered by the guitars intended use, and the price of new verses used. I just bought 4 new electric guitars in the last few months, with two of them being ordered on Monday last.

I like buying old guitars to keep and enjoy and also to restore and flip. The most expensive guitar I have ever bought was a Brian May Replica spec’d by John Page. It was originally over 6.5K, but I bought a demo from the NAMM show that was $4K. So in that case, used made a lot of sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts