Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
DVRed it and will watch it! Going on commercials alone seems like it would definitely interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I watched it last night. It does have promise, the first episode sort of sets up the mood, gives you a feel for how life is in the 8th Century, a little. I like the mysticism of the main character seeing Odin, and the Valkeries take that one guys soul to Valhalla in the beginning. I'm interested in the preview for episode 2 where they bust into a church and slay some Christians!!

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
But not a bad bit of television at all. Quite brutal.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
:ROFL: Shit happens. And gotta give ya shit about when I can. :cheers:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Watched episodes 1 & 2, and Ive enjoyed it so far. Biggest gripe:

Theres a lot of betrayal that makes it seem like we've picked up in season 2 after we know all the characters and their backstory. Ragna's friend is trying to bone his wife in the very episode, and Ragna is undermining the Earl within the first like, half hour? Its just like, why not build it up during season - then hse these episodes for season 2?

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
So I've seen the first episode and enjoyed it, although I have no idea how you've all managed to see #2 already, since it's premiering tonight. :scratch:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
No, I've only seen previews for the others but this has a different look to it and the fact that it's based on a different group of warriors doesn't hurt either

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it - it is pretty well written and acted and the cinematography is pretty good also.

Just a few minor quibbles. Mainly it only took 1 person to build a Drakkar (long ship) :nuts: Floki is a pretty interesting character tho so I will let it slide.

How in the hell did Ragnar learn to speak Anglo-saxon/ old english :lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ragnar learned old English from the Priest he took in. The way they handle language barriers on the show will have you scratch your head at first, but I think it's sort of unique to the show and I like it, decidedly.

Overall, I am loving this show. I don't watch much if any television and I pretty much plan my Sunday evenings around watching this one. Katheryn Winnick is hot as H, too.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I watch this with my gf, I enjoy it. Every time it's the openers i want to hear amon amarth though :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Finally got around to watching this - liked it a bunch. Season finale was a bit on the dull side but a great setup for next season. Definitely better than I expected from the History channel. :yesway:

Sucks that the dude that played Buliwyf in the 13th Warrior died off so early though. :(

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Bump for this thread, did anybody watch the season 2 premiere yesterday?

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
I've DVR'ed it...will watch it later tonight! Looking forward to it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts