·
Read Only
0 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

Fucking awesome premier. One of the best shows on TV right now. :hungus:

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Yes!!! and with GOT a few weeks away, TV is getting awesome again.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
:zombie:

OK, this seems to the the thread for this so: can one watch any of the second half of Season 6 (the final season) currently? Or do we have to wait for 30 December on Prime/Netflix?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I don’t think it’s out yet. Still love the show but definitely not as good the last couple of seasons. Ragnar carried the show and his supporting cast (Linus Roche, Gabriel Byrne) was much better than the current cast.

Still a fun watch though.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I don't think it's out yet. Still love the show but definitely not as good the last couple of seasons. Ragnar carried the show and his supporting cast (Linus Roche, Gabriel Byrne) was much better than the current cast.

Still a fun watch though.
Truth, I stopped watching once they killed Ragnar off, there was no other characters that could carry the weight once he was gone.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Is this the final season? I find it hard to keep track when they split them. Ragnar was a big loss to how good it was but I quite like Bjorn as he is a beast. Was probably more gutted with Lagertha's death than Ragnar's though

:lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I tried to watch this after they killed Ragnar off. Made it though the next season. I just could not stand Ivar. I know he is supposed to be one of those characters that you aren't supposed to like, but it just ruined the show for me.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I tried to watch this after they killed Ragnar off. Made it though the next season. I just could not stand Ivar. I know he is supposed to be one of those characters that you aren't supposed to like, but it just ruined the show for me.
Yeah characters like that always piss me off as there is no way bjorn or one of the others wouldnt just have put an axe through the cunts head early in proceedings. That said the anticipation of that happening is basically what it runs on now.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
It's looking like I was misled into thinking it was already out there somewhere (Hulu? The actual History Channel itself? AmonAmarth.se?): my Google-Fu is producing nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Finished watching the last 10 Eps of Season 6. They finished well all story arcs and I really liked it.

The actor that portrays Ivar is an AMAZING Actor, that kid has a future for sure.

Initially when Ragnar was let go I was like.. ok this will sink, but it was getting boring on the last season with him. The plot after he was killed really took off and in some parts was even stronger than what had came before.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
This was my favorite show ever till Ragnar died, then I slowly lost interest. I need to get caught back up...

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I've now finished it, Iron Mike, and I dunno if you do...

Really does underscore how great Fimmel was. As Quigs says, killer supporting cast then, too.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
This was my favorite show ever till Ragnar died, then I slowly lost interest. I need to get caught back up...
Trust me you wont be disappointed at all. The last season with Ragnar was boring to be honest, it took too long and barely went anywhere.

The first Eps after Ragnar start to pick up the Pace and after a certain point it just explodes again not only interesting story arcs but as brutality battle fests. Still all the Battles are there for Story and not just for action. You are losing big time if you don't watch it. Acting is superb by all actors to be honest but Ivar steals the show.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
I've now finished it, Iron Mike, and I dunno if you do...

Really does underscore how great Fimmel was. As Quigs says, killer supporting cast then, too.
Yeah, he did an amazing job. And the supporting cast rose to the occasion for sure.

Trust me you wont be disappointed at all. The last season with Ragnar was boring to be honest, it took too long and barely went anywhere.

The first Eps after Ragnar start to pick up the Pace and after a certain point it just explodes again not only interesting story arcs but as brutality battle fests. Still all the Battles are there for Story and not just for action. You are losing big time if you don't watch it. Acting is superb by all actors to be honest but Ivar steals the show.
I'll get caught up once we're settled in (today is moving day) and let ya know what I think. The guy who plays Ivar definitely does a great job.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts