Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any information you know about the 1985 Ibanez Proline series V! PR1660. I contacted Ibanez asking about it and they have no info other than a specs sheet and that they don’t make them anymore… so it didn’t get me anywhere.
It’s just obscure enough that the internet doesn’t really have much info either.
So if you know anything about these please weigh in!
Musical instrument Houseplant Plant String instrument String instrument

This guitar was my father’s that I inherited after he passed. He was the one and only owner. I’ve had it for years in pieces. The body was literally split in two. It was broken in 1995 and finally restored a couple years ago.
Found out recently that at one point all of his possessions fit into a single laundry basket plus this guitar in its case. So it’s pretty special to me.
Just hoping to know more about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have the same guitar, I finally got one last year, after years of looking for one!!! I'm now negotiatkng to buy another one, which should be unused and been in it's case since 1986.
What do you wanna know about it?
Ibanez made this brand of guitar in 1985 and in 1986 it was discontinued and they started making PL 2660 instead. I don't remember the exact amount manufactured, but there is info out there, but you have to kinda dig from under the rocks!!! Hope that helps a bit. I'm dojng my research on Ibanez PR 1660 and PL 2660, so maybe I will provide more info later on. 😀

Cheers, A

·
Registered
15 Posts
they were ibanez RR knock off they came stock with rail pickups i think they are basswood bodys but they were lawsuit guitars if i remeber right and they have a cult following i refined a couople for a friend that owns a used guitar shop. and did some reasech. and yeah ibanez does not keep any of the paper work on any of thier production runs and the searial is only used for the tracking of the guitar while it in production and thats all its for, yeah wierd. when fender bought ot jackson/charvel they threw all the paper work they receved from them in the trash so no info there either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts