Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello friends,

Just posted the final installment of the Violent Muses studio report video series I've stretched out over the last few months to put a spotlight on some of the musicians, gear and inspiration that contributed to the new Black Sugar Transmission album.

This episode (#8) focuses on two of the guest musos who played on the record: bassist extraordinaire Adam James, who breaks down his parts and gear on the song "AlexCafe", and keyboard genius Leon Gruenbaum (he's Vernon Reid's right-hand man, among other things), who demonstrates his fascinating, self-made instrument, the Samchillian Tip Tip Tip Cheee Peee (which he played on the song "Between The Notes" in a head-cutting session of sorts between him and me).

If you feel like watching more guitar-centric stuff, there are a couple StuReps (as I call them) which focus on the use of the AxeFX and Eventide H9 (which I also used a lot for vocal FX). Anyway, pretty geeky fun stuff, which is why I'm sharing!

Hope you're all well.

·
Singlecoil fetishist
68 Posts
Wow... wasn't expecting any of that, really cool stuff! :) Definitely will check out the rest of the videos, I really enjoyed this :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts