Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us from Division will be there, and Soops is driving down from PA to meet up with his boyfriend. Meet us at the bar for some beers. :drew:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I'll see 'em tonight in NC. I've traveled up there a few times for shows, but tonight it's only a 10 minute drive :)

You guys enjoy yourselves!

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
:pissed: DAMMIT! Figures after I leave the place. :rofl: Enjoy yourselfs! :drew: :pops:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd LOVE to go but work is fucking me today.
I might be able to go but I'd probably not make it until like 9 or 10, let alone get tickets.

I'm still undecided :(

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'd LOVE to go but work is fucking me today.
I might be able to go but I'd probably not make it until like 9 or 10, let alone get tickets.

I'm still undecided :(
The opening bands suck, just come out at 9. You can TicketMaster right now and just get dicked for a couple of extra dollars.

EDIT: They don't all suck I'm sure, but I checked out the MySpace pages of most of them, and they sucked. :lol: I really wish Mutiny Within were still on the bill. Angel stole their fucking drummer. :squint:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Hey, Warbringer is okay.... Just kinda bland. I've seen them about a million times, though. Seems like they're on every bill I see these days.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, that was the most god-awful disappointing performance I have ever seen out of them. Warrel was either drunk or extremely hung over as he cracked and croaked his way through a set by a band that looked like they didn't even want to be there. What an abysmal showing. :noway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Hey, Warbringer is okay.... Just kinda bland. I've seen them about a million times, though. Seems like they're on every bill I see these days.
Warbringer is seriously working the support circuit. They're pretty cool live, and John Kevil is super nice. John laux is a dick though.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Sad. They used to be a force of nature live, when they weren't too drunk to play. :(
Loomis was not happy with Warrel. He was giving him all kinds of looks, and acted irritated when Warrel kept signaling him to do his backing vocals. The band was pretty much perfect; it was borderline mechanical precision, though. Dave thought it was phoned in, I have no yardstick by which to measure that though.

All of the openers were ignored as we plowed through hefty amounts of beer in the back bar. :lol:

PS: Axe-Fx nowhere to be spotted in the Loomis rig. And the new guitarist is too fucking happy.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
That's the worst headliner I have ever seen, and I love me some Nevermore. I was very disappointed with the band.

On the plus side I got to meet Soop, his buddy Matt, Sindwulf, and hang out with Dave and Chris.

Noodles:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I actually thought the same thing that you guys did when I saw them the night before. I just didn't want to say anything and ruin the show for you guys.

The band were great. Warrell was fucking pathetic. In his defense, I get the impression that he was sick - Warbringer mentioned multiple times that Nevermore's tour manager gave them more time, which leads me to believe that. The new guitar player was definitely happy to be there, which is cool, but definitely not fitting of the image of that band.

It could've been so much better...

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I should also add that Warrel forgot the lyrics about ten times and mouthed "I fucked up" to the crows about as many times. Just horrible.

·
18,790 Posts
Something like this?

:noway:

Band sounds awesome, new guy looks like he's having a great time, and I don't blame him, Warrel is just embarrassing himself and the rest of the band.

(unrelated side note: the solo of this song is still one of my favourite things I've ever heard Loomis do, it's just awesome)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts