Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, been doing research on these two pedals as of late, then seem to be somewhat evenly matched, although I am kinda leaning towards the Bogner, since it sounds warmer with the tonal options....however the Wampler seems to do the same.....anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
The Ecstasy Red is an OD and the Triple Wreck is a distortion pedal, are you planning on using them as a OD/boost (I'd go Ecstasy Red) or for distortion (Triple Wreck or the Uberschall distortion)?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

The Bogner Red is definitely a distortion. Great pedal if you want a heavy modded Marshall tone. I have one and it's great.

The Triple Wreck is supposed to sound like a Rectifier. Never tried one though.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
The Ecstasy Red is an OD and the Triple Wreck is a distortion pedal, are you planning on using them as a OD/boost (I'd go Ecstasy Red) or for distortion (Triple Wreck or the Uberschall distortion)?
Wrong.

The Ecstasy Red is a distortion pedal, based on the red channel of the Bogner Ecstasy.

Now that we've cleared that up.

The Wampler pedal is a distortion based on the Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifier. Both pedals are great, you just have to decide if you like the Mesa or Bogner flavour better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I want a good distortion unit [it's going into the effects return of my Randall RVC5 5-watt practice amp, all tubes]...the only buzzkill about the Triple Wreck is making out the boost, making it sound grungy and compress.....other than that, that's why I like the Bogner more

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
i thought they were supposed to be preamp pedals like the AMT leg end stuff? :scratch:

or are they supposed to go through an amp's clean channel?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted

What is the 'net' difference between an OD pedal and a distortion pedal? Don't they sound like they're doing the same thing?
Overdrive is what happens when you push analog component past their operating specs, causing clipping. Distortion is manipulating the signal of the guitar to add gain and saturation. Overdrives tend to be very subtle compared to distortion pedals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts