Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a set soon but was wanting to know what would be the best way to go. I'm not looking for anything really Higher then like 1300. Maybe 1500 with the cymbals and shit.

Here are some of the ones I have been checking out:

Buy Sound Percussion Pro 8-piece Double Bass Drum Set with Black Lugs | Starter Drum Sets | Musician's Friend

Buy Tama Imperialstar 5-piece Standard Drum Set with Cymbals | Complete Drum Sets | Musician's Friend

Buy Pacific Drums by DW 7-Piece Double Bass Drum Kit | Complete Drum Sets | Musician's Friend

and this would probably be the highest I could go.
Buy Tama Imperialstar 8-piece Double Bass Drum Set | Complete Drum Sets | Musician's Friend

Now you may notice that most of them are double Bass kits. One isn't... IF I was to get a Double bass pedal would it give the same sound as a double bass drum kit? or would it have a slight difference?:confused:

I think I might be leaning towards the single bass drum kit with a double pedal aalso, Not 100% sure yet. but if I do decide to go that way what pedal would be good?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Hey, ask Yorgo! :rofl: I'd go for the single bass kit and double pedal on slave saving alone, plus if you take it out, it's one less thing to mic up. They sound the same to my ears too. Last double kick kit I used felt awkward as fuck :shrug:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
As far as pedals btw, if you can sway it, either an Iron Cobra, or a Pearl Eliminator. Dixon pedals are also cheap, but awesome for what they are.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ :metal: I was thinking the same thing. Plus looking at some of the single bass pedals I'd almot be paying more for two of them then one of the double bass set :lol: Also It's less room taken up so i could store it in more places.

Is that Tama a good set though?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
See the thread now right below this one :lol: "George the something-something about a trainwreck"

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I think you will be most pleased out of the Pacific kit. The Pacific kit is going to sound the best out of those... the Tama is poplar and the SP is basswood :noway: while the Pacific kits are generally Birch or Maple...that kit didn't come up when I clicked the link but i'm pretty sure I know which one it is and I think its Birch.

Also check out Gretch drums. They put out some killer sounding kits for the money. My drummer is rocking a 4 piece birch Gretsch kit right now and it sounds amazing.
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.co...piece-Euro-Shell-Pack.site1prod720105.product

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
OH Thats Yorgo... :lol: Nice fellow, to bad I wasn't here for his rant. :lol:

And yeah I thought the Pacific kit would be good but I couldnt remember if they are "good drums" or not :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts