Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No switch, so you can start using them immediately with an upward sweep (as in tonally, down with the foot).

Go!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
All Morley's, and the Bass Crybaby :yesway:

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Thats what I use. Theres a button to activate it like in the pic but if you look on the left side sticking out next to the pedal theres a lever. if you pull the lever towards the front it puts it into autowah mode like you're talking about. if you want to switch activate you just flip the lever toward the front. Takes a 9v under the on/off switch if you want to run without a power supply. I'd recommend as I've never had an issue with it failing.

Its controls are:
-bass/normal swtich
-volume
-'Q'
-Range
-Range Fine tuning
-Auto deactivate Delay Time

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I have and use a Crybaby 95Q, for exactly that reason (auto-on/off). It is activated as soon as you put your foot on it, and goes into bypass when you take your foot off the pedal.
The Q control and the boost make it super flexible also.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
One word of advice with the Morleys... When taking your foot off there's quite a large delay until the wah actually disengages. I hated this for years and was just on the cusp of replacing it when I noticed there's a very simple mod you can do (literally just opening it up and tweaking one of the components) to cut down the delay.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
One word of advice with the Morleys... When taking your foot off there's quite a large delay until the wah actually disengages. I hated this for years and was just on the cusp of replacing it when I noticed there's a very simple mod you can do (literally just opening it up and tweaking one of the components) to cut down the delay.
I use the Tremonti Morley. I love it and I have never noticed a delay with it.
Yep, there's an internal trim-pot. I don't know why it's even there, it should shut-off immediately... :lol:

I've also got a Tremonti. I got mine for free, and I keep it because it's a decent sounding wah, and for the amount of time that I wah (barely), it's sufficient.

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
i think the delays are there so that if you bottom out a lot when rocking the peddle, the tone doesn't just cut in and out. A touch of delay can be a handy thing but I wouldn't want a unit that I couldn't adjust it on.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I have and use a Crybaby 95Q, for exactly that reason (auto-on/off). It is activated as soon as you put your foot on it, and goes into bypass when you take your foot off the pedal.
The Q control and the boost make it super flexible also.
This is the one to get, IMO. I've never really liked how Morleys sound; not classic enough.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
This is the one to get, IMO. I've never really liked how Morleys sound; not classic enough.
For motion activated ones, this one rules. Love mine, sounds like a wah should. However, it's just standard dunlop, for live, it's great, no more leaving wah pedal on by accident.

·
HEAVY HACKJOB RIFFER
874 Posts
- G-Lab WWD-1 from Poland is the best I've had so far
- I tried Dunlop switchless model, didn't like it
- I owned a Morley Bad-Horsie II and a Morley Tremonti and replaced them with the G-Lab
- There is also a Mooer model called the Mini-Wah or something (which I haven't tried)

The G-Lab sounds better when "off" and has more tonal options, works perfectly well for my needs and can be set to be switched on-off like a regular wah too. Contrarily to the Morley switchless wahs, the G-Lab is not spring loaded so it will move just like a Dunlop Cry-Baby because the switch is integrated in the whole footpad and not just movement activated: it's practical for me because you can press down and stay in the bottom registry without worrying it will switch back to "off" like the Morleys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts