Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Elysian said:
price isnt horrible either.
Yeah, you're basically having to pay for the amount of wood they had to waste to cut that out of one piece :lol:

I've seen Gaboon ebony blanks at my wood supplier big enough to make a neck from... They were almost $400 :eek:

edit: No truss rod?
Warmoth Pro necks have a truss rod that adjusts at the treble side of the neck heel, inside the cutaway. It's awesome.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Well, you'll only have to oil it about once every five years.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Warmoth Pro necks have a truss rod that adjusts at the treble side of the neck heel, inside the cutaway. It's awesome.
...Until it strips out :ugh:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
...Until it strips out :ugh:
Then you're just stuck with the adjuster at the heel, like the Charvel Pro Mods and vintage Fenders. Not ideal, but still functional.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I've never seen one or heard of one stripping out. It's just as functional & any other truss rod. Don't read too much into the comment.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

Why would it be any more likely to strip out there than at the head?

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
broken side truss-rod adjuster nut...

I don't want to offend anyone but I think that I should let you all know how the sideadjust is intended to work. First the sideadjust was designed and intended to make minor adjustments to the truss rod to account for seasonal shifts in the neck and minor set up adjustments. The sideadjust was not made to aggressively move the neck (think of it as a fine tuning device). The nut in the heel of the neck is what should be used for initial setup and any major adjustment that may need to be made to the neck

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
^ :agreed:

I thought Warmoth was pretty clear about that... :scratch:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
it does say they need to be hard finished by warmoth to get the 2 year or hard finished by the customer to get the 1 year.
I dont know if they would apply on this neck since its something you dont really want to hard finish

and for the record, i'd completely stand by warmoth products. they have been nothing less than top notch in my experiences

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
They don't require finishes on many of what they call exotics and give the two year warranty.

A' la: Ebony, Bocote, Bloodwood, Rosewood, Padouk, Wenge, Ziricote, Canary, Purpleheart, Bubinga, Goncalo Alves, Pau Ferro, and Imbuia.

I have the side adjuster on all three of my Warmoth necks and not had any issues at all. My maple/maple neck is a little squirly depending on the temperature but the others have not been touched since they were initially set up. I don't see an ebony/ebony neck moving too much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts