Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Very beautiful body, however I prefer flame tops, also isnt the warmoth maple top alot thinner then the other makers?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've been staring at that Dimeola for a couple of days that thing might have to be mine.

The tops depend on the construction - if they are carved tops then yes - they started about three years ago doing what they call a dual layer. So it's one layer of a non-figured wood and then a thinner layer of a figured wood.

My recollection was it helps keeps the prices reasonable and gives them the ability to put together some really incredible figured tops.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Is Warmoth still a good way to go? A number of people on RT were saying they're not as good as they used to be. I wanted to eventually get a 50% scalloped neck for my Strat.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope, not the way to go anymore. But remember, a decent education and semi-reasonable or better health are no longer the way to go either, so take that with a grain of salt. If youre one of those people that likes to be smart and healthy, you may still like warmoth :2c:

Note: I am so tired i am delirious, but what im saying is YES: they are still awesomepawsome.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Very beautiful body, however I prefer flame tops, also isnt the warmoth maple top alot thinner then the other makers?
Not on their carved top guitars, since those are solid maple with no veneers. No idea on the standard ones... it's probably 1/8" or 3/16" thick on my Warmoth, which isn't the thinnest I've seen and is certainly not a veneer.

·
Banned
79 Posts
That warmoth is gorgeous. "me Likey" I wish I didn't have 3 other customs in the works this year. That body needs to be bought by someone on this forum because I want to see how it turns out plus GOTM is pretty weak this month. C'mon guys, I can't or I would. I've already got to come up with the end deposits on a Bernie rico jr Slant Top, and LGM Leviathan, and a GMW Demartini Python. Somebody step up and do the right thing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts