Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Looks like a Washburn Dime 332 to me. Nothing out of the ordinary
Besides the fact it's a bolt-on with a tune-o-matic bridge. Neither of which are key features of any Dime guitar. Not saying it's not legit, I'm just saying I wouldn't want one personally :lol:

As for the OP - I think it's just been misnamed dude. He was Diamond Darrell in the early days but by the time he'd gone to Washburn he'd been Dimebag for years.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Besides the fact it's a bolt-on with a tune-o-matic bridge. Neither of which are key features of any Dime guitar. Not saying it's not legit, I'm just saying I wouldn't want one personally :lol:

As for the OP - I think it's just been misnamed dude. He was Diamond Darrell in the early days but by the time he'd gone to Washburn he'd been Dimebag for years.
I think he always played bolt ons, for the most part.

It actually says "Diamond Darrell signature model" on the headstock.

I dont know much about the washburn era releases. This coulld be legit or bs. Either way, it really doesnt look like anything special IMO.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
If anything it'd be a bargain basement model and nothing to really write home about. I'd skip it even if it is a real one.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Diamond has 0 to do with it being a Dime sig, diamond I believe was a model level or series for Washburn.

I dont know where WombCannon gets that he played bolt on guitars, every Dean or Wahburn Dime Ive ever held that wasnt the entry level model was set neck. I do concied he has the best name on the forum however. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same guitar but in black -Signed by Dime. Dime signed it "Dimebag" & wrote CFH. I reached out to Washburn and basically it was a very early prototype only about 400 made. I'm trying to remember the email (accidentally trashed it years ago) A manager of Washburn son who also worked for Washburn jumped the gun and ordered 400 under Diamond Darrell before checking with Dime. Dime was unhappy because they used Diamond Darrell instead of Dimebag and Dime also wanted to make other changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts