Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It should, those are standard sized pickups :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yea it should fit in there just fine. Now keep in mind, you're switching from passive to actives. You have to change out the pots, jack, and I think the switch too but I could be wrong on the switch.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Yea it should fit in there just fine. Now keep in mind, you're switching from passive to actives. You have to change out the pots, jack, and I think the switch too but I could be wrong on the switch.
The switch is fine, but higher value pots and a trs jack are needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be specific I was looking into putting in An EMG 81/85 set to get some Zakk tone. Anyone do this? Are installing higher value pots and trs jacks a big job for a guitar shop?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If you're not at all handy with a soldering iron, I'd have a shop do it. If you're comfortable with basic DIY (eg: you can install your own pickups/pots normally) it's not a big deal.

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
If you get a newer set of EMGs I think they use quick connect for pretty much all of the wiring, and from the looks of their website they sell aftermarket quick-connect switches and jacks as well. Should be as easy as putting in the pickups, routing the wiring into the control cavity and hooking everything up.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
To be specific I was looking into putting in An EMG 81/85 set to get some Zakk tone. Anyone do this? Are installing higher value pots and trs jacks a big job for a guitar shop?
The EMG's will definitely help....especially with those pinch harmonics! I'm one of those people that hears a sound in EMG's that I don't like and I'm starting to believe it's the exact tone EMG fans love.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts