Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Washburn Nuno 7 preorder

7K views 57 replies 20 participants last post by  Psyler 
#1 · (Edited)
Thats right. They are real and they are coming. The video of him playing one was just posted.

My store Funky Munky Music has 5 relic on order and 5 non-relic on order and I believe we are the only ones getting them. They are available with the "relic" finish OR the "new" look without the N7 decal
these guitars are brand new and made in the USA custom shop at Washburn.

Specs:
Stephens Extended Cutaway and a nice thin neck.
Alder body
Birdseye maple neck
Ebony board
OFR
Duncan 59 neck
Distorion bridge
TKL Hard case

Price is $2699.
$250 deposit required and the balance due when the guitar ships. These will be ready at the end of May.

If you are interested contact my store at 913-268-5555. Tell them that Sean told you about these. It helps me out a bit and I get a little referring bonus if my name is mentioned. :) I'd super appreciate it!

Pics! (relic'd version shown)

See less See more
#5 ·
Yep! I don't work on the sales staff though. I'm a teacher at the store. I just pester my bosses about all this kind of stuff and they kindly let me know all the cool stuff that is going on. :lol: I've been waiting to tell all you guys about this one for awhile now, but I wasn't able to. This is the first thing I get a little referring bonus for.

Can you post the video?
Here it is.

I did you one better though and posted pictures in the original post. :yesway:

In case you haven't dealt with Sean, he's a good dude :yesway:
Thanks Adam. :wub:

#10 ·
Please tell me that only Nuno's guitar comes with that ridiculous sticker. I love everything but that.

#12 · (Edited)
Well, there are 2 versions of the guitar. The relic'd one, with the sticker and the non-relic'd one that doesn't have the sticker. I'm seeing if I can get pictures of that one as well.

I'm also willing to bet that the sticker comes off really easily.

Edit: Shannon beat me to it. It doesn't look to be cleared on or anything. It should come off with no problem.

#16 · (Edited)
Really? I was hoping one of them was cheaper than $2699.
Yeah, I am pretty positive they are the same as that is something I think he would have mentioned. I will double check with him though.

In a way it is a little nice though. If I remember correctly, the relic'd one is usually more expensive than the non-relic'd version. Which means you can get your relic work done for no upcharge! :yesway:

These are sick guitars. I got to play a prototype of one of these. The neck feels awesome and it sounds huuuuuge.

Extended cutaway = win.

Edit: Confirmed they are the same price.

#21 ·
Believe me, if I could I would. I'll probably have to wait and see if these go into bigger production down the road.
If my old N4 is any indication of what these will be like, I'd probably be willing to let the Strype-o-verse go towards one of these. :agreed:
The only reason I got rid of my N4 was because I'm 6'4" and it looked like a toy on me. :lol: This being a 7 might make it look a bit better. :D

#22 · (Edited)
I am unsure of how big production wise these will be made. Washburn did those WM7/HM7 7 strings last year and they were supposed to be a production model, but they only ended up making 12 of them.

I'm hoping these last longer since Nuno wanted them, but you never know. Washburn sort of pushed the 7s away, as well as more "metal" guitars as of late. To be honest, I was surprised when I found out that these would be released. Don't wait around hoping that these will last. Quite a few did that with the WM7s and they are all gone. I'm not trying to make people worry.....well, yes I am. :lol: I just really have no clue how long these will last. I am just judging this on how long 7s lasted with them before.

So.....sell the Strype-o-verse! This N7 will look good on you! :yesway:

#24 · (Edited)
Some people like it. Some people don't. Either way, it's removable and it's still a smokin' guitar. Their 7 string necks are the shit.

Personally, I'd add a pickguard to it. The Nuno pickguards look sweet. I think it would add some nice contrast. It would also give the option of changing pickups and their color to match or clash with the pickguard color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.