Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...new-washburn-7-string-not-announced-namm.html

Just got it back from the shop today. Had the nut replaced - crappy plastic one broke while tuning. Pickups are now BKP Painkiller (Bridge) + Cold Sweat (Neck) in Burnt Chrome to replace the stock Randall XL's. Also had the gloss from the neck taken off and it turned out nice and blood red and it feels great! All in all this is one of the best guitars I've ever played. The neck feels just like, if not better than the Wizard neck on Simon's pink RG. It's currently set up for GGCFADG.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Just saw those pics on Bare Knuckle's FB page. That looks AWESOME! The burnt chrome finish really needs to be paired up with the right guitar finish to look right, and that pearly red is just perfect.

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
Just saw those pics on Bare Knuckle's FB page. That looks AWESOME! The burnt chrome finish really needs to be paired up with the right guitar finish to look right, and that pearly red is just perfect.
Funnily enough, so did I. :lol: The pics of the burnt-chrome pickups next to those ones are mine.

That looks fantastic, man. :agreed:

Out of interest, where did you get this work done? I've yet to settle on an Edinburgh tech to set up my own RG7.

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha Edinburgh is taking over the BKP facebook page James.

Thanks darren, I think they'll also go great in a natural finish body like Mahogany with a Koa top. Saw a clip of the Javelin on YouTube somewhere (bulb video), looks sick man!

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
One of the very few Washburns I'd actually buy :lol: Like the look of the pickups in that red too.

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah man they're great. I'm actually quite tempted to get the clear coat taken off the body too since he did such a nice job on the neck but I don't think I will for a while. Pretty much the same model in a 6 from the custom shop costs an obscene amount more and I'm betting this thing is just as good!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
holy shIt DOOO WANT :scream:

Looks so awesome! congrats man! the sixer versions are still going for cheap on ebay..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts