Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds interesting and it totally escaped me until it kinda showed up yesterday as a recommends video on YT. Sure there's the PRS and Waves marketing machine behind it, but it sounded good to me :)

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Well, it sounds mediocre like the PRS Archon so, the modelling is top knotch.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
If they put it out for $29 during a sale I might pick it up. I've gotten a lot of their plug-ins on a whim that way, but I have the feeling it'll end up never getting touched, like most of the other plug-ins I have. I dug the clean tones Alex was using and that's something I haven't had the easiest time achieving using plug-ins. I think I got some decent ones with Amplitube.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
They are great for any dad type songs, cleans and crunch, but just like RG said, the high gain stuff is rather weak.
I wanted so badly to love it too.

A couple weeks ago actually I was deciding between a new head, or effects unit. I almost tried to force myself into loving the archon I tried but at the end of the day the ax8 won.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
"dad-type" songs? Is that as opposed to "douchebag millennial crap rock"? Just want to be clear on genres. :yesway:
With the PRS Archon, I think "douchebag millennial crap rock" is probably the correct genre.

Still, I'll watch the Devin demo, simply because I'll listen to anything he does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts