Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from a friend of mine's facebook page. It's full of squid pics of guys/girls riding around with no helmets on. Dude didn't die, but he "fell asleep" going down the road.

Way to go, champ, you'll be a real looker the rest of your life.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Holy fuck. I was in Portland this weekend, and saw lots of people riding around without helmets, which boggled my mind. I don't think you can legislate common sense (seatbelts, helmets, etc), but why you wouldn't wear a helmet anyways just escapes me.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Is this guy your friend, Chris, or friend of a friend?

I'm pretty sure I watched a guy die off the back of a bike, once. He sailed by doing 80 or 90 on one wheel and totally just lost control and bounced along the pavement. We watched in horror from a distance while the ambulance showed up. They weren't in a hurry to get him in the truck. :(

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
It's not just helmets, appropriate clothing all round. I know a bloke who saw a guy scream past him in France wearing just a helmet and a pair of shorts. Round a bend a bit further up e found the guy off his bike and skinned alive.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The helmet messes up your hai..... uh oh oops - not a problem any more.

I can't say I never had stupid moments in my own life - but this is what got me shaving down my hair. Wearing a helmet in Phoenix - keeping short hair and dealing with the helmet seemed better than having your head skipping off the pavement. I also agree a good riding jacket, gloves and boots are a must also.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
i always felt like wearing a helmet while riding a bicycle was kind of sissy(i know its not really, but i just grew up before the helmet era) but there is no way in hell i would ever ride a motercycle without a helmet and leather.

my dad always told me "son, theres 2 types of motorcycle riders, ones that have crashed, and ones that havnt crashed yet"
Hopefully this guy learned his lesson and will invest in a helmet

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
i always felt like wearing a helmet while riding a bicycle was kind of sissy
Neighbor did an endo in front of his kids simply riding over the curb. He died in the ER.

I took a major header mountain biking. Even with the helmet, I was knocked-out for about ten mins. I hate to think what would have happened without the helmet.

Ray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh.. :eek:

Wearing a Helmet is really simple! Aside from it really will protect your head. Why are there people who couldn't just wear it? :rant:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kid that's hurt's facebook page. I see one helmet total, and no gear him or any of his friends.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That shit just makes me cringe - I haven't ridden since '98 but saw too many people get hurt wearing way more gear then that idiot. I just don't get trick riding but for fuck sake if you're going to do this why not some safety gear. :nuts:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts