CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else seeing these? Or is something up with my computer :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Is anyone else seeing these? Or is something up with my computer :lol:
If you close your browser/clear cache/etc, is that still there? Looks like something borked when your browser rendered the page, because you shouldn't be seeing an ad at all if you're logged in, and even if you aren't there shouldn't be one there.

Use Adblock like a normal human :yesway:
While I don't show ads to logged in members anyway, it's generally considered polite to whitelist sites that you actually use a lot. I don't serve ads on MG because I want people to see ads. I serve ads on MG because running a busy forum is expensive, and the ads help cover (some) of the cost of the hosting. So when you adblock sites that you are on all the time, you're basically just being a leech.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
While I don't show ads to logged in members anyway, it's generally considered polite to whitelist sites that you actually use a lot. I don't serve ads on MG because I want people to see ads. I serve ads on MG because running a busy forum is expensive, and the ads help cover (some) of the cost of the hosting. So when you adblock sites that you are on all the time, you're basically just being a leech.
Logged in members don't see ads? I feel like I used to see them before, and with the amount of time I spend on SSO :)ugh:) and here, I got real sick of ads so I just said "fuck it" and kicked in for AdBlock.

I also assumed ads were largely profited by the actual click-traffic, so people not seeing them isn't a huge deal, especially for stuff we're probably already going to; but if that's the case then I'll "kick in" my portion and shut it off more often, cause our money goes towards hookers and beer right?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:lol: Well it's been a while since I logged in as a regular user, maybe they do.

My point is that saying "yo just block the ads" on a site that runs ads that you frequent is a dick move. Especially since I made you an MVP when Steve asked me to because you were too cheap to donate $15 to get access to the VIP forum. :fawk:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
:lol: Well it's been a while since I logged in as a regular user, maybe they do.

My point is that saying "yo just block the ads" on a site that runs ads that you frequent is a dick move. Especially since I made you an MVP when Steve asked me to because you were too cheap to donate $15 to get access to the VIP forum. :fawk:
Point made :lol:

Also, I changed it after that last post - ya know, for all those girls "working their way through med-school" and BMWs

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you close your browser/clear cache/etc, is that still there? Looks like something borked when your browser rendered the page, because you shouldn't be seeing an ad at all if you're logged in, and even if you aren't there shouldn't be one there.
This worked :yesway:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts