Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Yeah, he's definitely killin it with this new album. While it's the first of the bunch, I'd still say Tacky is the best of the three released, but maybe it's just because I hate "Happy" that much :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I don't recognize any of the songs he's parodying :(

I feel old :ugh:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

You don't recognize ANY of them?!? Holy shit. I'm 39 and I know all of these songs. :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Or you dont listen to pop radio which is fine. 8 vids in 8 days.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I was just wondering the other day if weird al was still in the music business, glad to see he's still got it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
^

You don't recognize ANY of them?!? Holy shit. I'm 39 and I know all of these songs. :lol:
I don't have kids, and I don't listen to pop radio or go to clubs :lol:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Wow surprised there was a poster that didn't know at least one of the three songs.

But I guess if you are able to avoid pop radio and don't have kids it is plausible/possible..... lucky bastard. :)

Word crimes was the best IMO since he had to work all the common mistakes that people make into the song.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll try to remember to update the OP with the new videos as they come out so we don't suddenly have fourteen Weird Al threads. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Always gotta love Weird Al. Great stuff as usual. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Or you dont listen to pop radio which is fine. 8 vids in 8 days.
I don't listen to radio period and I recognized all 3 songs immediately. I also don't have kids or go to clubs or any of the other things mentioned. I would think it would be impossible to avoid the three songs Al parodied here because they are all gigantic mammoths of songs (in terms of popularity).

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Life of the party huh...:lol:
It ain't easy bein' greasy.

Now, if Al parodied "Get Lucky" I would totally recognize it :yesway:

I don't listen to radio period and I recognized all 3 songs immediately. I also don't have kids or go to clubs or any of the other things mentioned. I would think it would be impossible to avoid the three songs Al parodied here because they are all gigantic mammoths of songs (in terms of popularity).
It's clearly not impossible, for I have done it.

In fact, I imagine that there are quite a few people who, like me, have managed to somehow avoid these so-called "mammoth" songs.

Also, for that matter, a song cannot be a "gigantic mammoth," for mammoths are mammals (and extinct ones at that) and songs are a form of musical expression. :naren:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:clarkson:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts