Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly 2 weeks ago or so, I sent a Gumtree ad for this weird modded RG1527 to my friend in the Netherlands who was in the market for a 7 string and upon looking at the listing, she pretty much instantly wanted to buy the thing so she sent me the money to get it courier'd to my house and I'm taking it over next time I go to NL. (I have family there so I go fairly often)
Anyway, it arrived a few days ago.
It's an RG1527 in white with JPM decals. It was originally in blue sparkle, which I can tell because whoever refinished it didn't bother with the back cavity :lol:
It has what Garrett (Greg McCoy on here) reckons to be a Rusty Cooley cutaway mod, hence the extra short lower horn. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Invaders. Not my kind of thing but not as bad as what I'd heard about them, they're actually pretty nice sounding pickups. Shame about the gimmicky oversized poles. Super nice playing guitar. Got major Ibanez 7 GAS now :lol:
Pics:

Also, I'm not used to 7 strings so here's me embracing the old ones because of the deep chug. Fhtagn.

If Melodeath is your bag, check out the owner's bands:
She was also in Ecocide:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
That is what that lower horn shaving came to be known as. Rusty Cooley played Ibanez for a while, and at least one of his LACS had that done to it (edit: actually, this is different - the RC mod is where the back of the lower horn is reduced, so it doesn't hit the back of your hand, but still looks the same from the front. This is actual reshaping of the horn all the way around and doesn't appear to get thinner anywhere). It's very cool if you suffer from the lower horn getting in the way. I bought a body from Elysian years ago that he did this to. I didn't hugely benefit from it, but I can see how one might.

How much did that go for in the end? It started off at something ridiculous a good while back, and just kept going down.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was tree fiddy. Yeah I think I remember that too but there's only so much you can get for a guitar that's been modded that much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts