Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the bridge off to do some maintence.

Then I put it back on... AND THE SADDLES WAS PUSHING ON THE PICKGUARD!!!

I have NO IDEA how this HAPPENED!!!

Can somebody explain?!?

The pickugard did NOT MOVE

So how did I solve the issue??

I FILED OFF THE SADDLE FRONTS!!!

Now it works and isn't being obstructed.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!? :scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thinks a wire causes tuning instability, then finds saddles are touching the pickguard... Hmmmmm.
Please...

I detached the bridge AFTER that experiment.

During the experiment, I never took the bridge off.
And the saddles did NOT touch the pickguard.

I've had this guitar setup for a couple of months and if the saddles atually touched the pciguard I would have felt the bridge loosen.

Thats what I find happening after re-attaching the bridge. It felt completely different, I could feel the bridge loosing.

Did it look like I had any tuning issues in the videos? NO.
Only when I had the wire attached.
After taking the wire off, the tuning stability was back to normal again.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!!!! After some sleep I have thought about this!!!

I have no idea why I wrote "the pickguard did NOT move"

Or, I do get it. But it's still a bit weird.

In theory, it didn't move, so I guess thats why I wrote that. I was quite tired and stressed too because it was getting late.

Anyway, to clear things out I DID remove the pickguard when removing the bridge.

But I screwed it back on just like it was before, at least it couldn't be pushed more into the neck, which means it was as far into the body as it physically could.

BUT thats the weeiiiird part.

So yeah I can say "it did not move" because it was put back on exactly like it was before.

Or so do I think? I have no idea.

This is like removing a strap button, and then putting it back on, only to see that the guitars balance is way the fuck out of a sudden.

It SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE but apparently SOMETHING COOOUUUULD have HAPPENED.

But I'm really not sure!

The saddles was NOT touching the pickguard before!

And I put it back on! Exactly like it was before... I mean, it does have a pre-determined positions of screw holes, right?

So it cannot have come back to a different position. That would be impossible.

The screw holes are a bit wacky because I drilled them. But thats not really an issue hear.

Some of the screw holes are perfect, and those are always the first I screw, and then when the pickguard is safely secured into position, I screw the wacky holes.

So I must have done the same procedure as I did previous time attaching the pickguard, namely when I gone from 1-Hum to a HSS pickguard.

And the 1-Hum had no issues with saddle touching the pickguard, and the HSS pickguard didn't have any issues either!

Until now! So how is that even possible? I have no idea.

The shape cannot have changed thats not physically possible.

The bridge posts cannot have moved??

The intonation was 100% when put back on so it's not like the saddles moved themselves either.

ANYWAY I'M GLAD IT WORKS AGAIN GREAT GUITAR

·
Registered
325 Posts
Even though I was delighted to see Rocka back in action, I kinda miss the couple of months when Rocka was taking his medication and not posting here

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
The meme is for your explanation of what happened (got me confused), has nothing to do with guitar quality :D

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If the saddles didn't touch the pickguard and now they do, and you didn't loosen or adjust the saddles, and you didn't loosen or adjust the pickguard... I'd bet, heavily, that the trem studs have shifted and are slightly angled to the bridge. That or there's an outside possibility that the knife edges were seating on the saddle post and not in the notch previously, and they're now correctly seated (which would move the brisdge forward a couple mm).

Either way, if this really is a new problem, triple check your intonation, because your bridge definitely shifted forward.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know its weird and I had all your suggestions in mind.

MOST PROBABLY I did something wrong somewhere and sometime in the history of this stupid guitar.

But what I did wrong nobody knows and will never find out, but now we can all dance around in happiness that the guitar is all fine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts