Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jackson has announced that Arch Enemy and Nevermore guitarist Jeff Loomis has joined its artist roster.

"I'm very excited to announce that I will be working with Jackson guitars on many upcoming projects," Loomis said. "We are underway designing a Jeff Loomis signature model that will be unveiled at the 2019 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California."

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/ja...7pxZ5g4bXhUFQNyvIBG8rFdHiTBIJN89vGd04fYmmRT1c

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
It happened. Jeff Loomis joins Jackson!

Jackson has announced that Arch Enemy and Nevermore guitarist Jeff Loomis has joined its artist roster.

"I'm very excited to announce that I will be working with Jackson guitars on many upcoming projects," Loomis said. "We are underway designing a Jeff Loomis signature model that will be unveiled at the 2019 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California."

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/jackson-welcomes-jeff-loomis-to-its-artist-roster

If he releases a Kelly 7 string signaure I'm gonna be in serious trouble. I bought two guitars in less than 6 months! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
It would be awesome to have a full sized Kelly as a production model.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
King Kelly:

Current Kelly:

The King Kelly is the original size, and they are ENORMOUS.
Downsized Explorers/Kellys suck. No matter what brand does them. Fucking hate the regular Kelly. I got one as a shreddier backup to my explorer with Trem capabilities, and it's the only Jackson I've owned I really disliked.

Kellys are really poorly balanced. I would imagine the King Kellys are better than the standard model due to more mass on the back end, but the 24 fret neck and the smaller upper section are still a bastardization of the classic Gibson design.

That's not a criticism of more extreme shapes either. The Rhoads is a near perfect design I would put on par with the Mockingbird and just below the Explorer in terms of radical shapes. Kellys just suck.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The Loomis inlays suck. :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Oh yeaahh that one, thanks. I have seen those and always thought those thin pieces on those cut outs would break off if hit and ruin the guitars value, and I'm sure they ar'nt cheap.
I think I'd be thrilled to find one with a broken off chip and ruined value ;) I'd just hit up Ced for some Krazy Glue tips and be set :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Thread title written by Yoda, it must.
"Welcome, Loomis" says Jackson Guitars

That better?
I wish I could speak Portuguese as well as he speaks English

When this thread got merged I started getting emails that I never got before. Kinda like a sumary of whats happening. How do I shut this thing off?
I'm pretty sure Drew takes Paypal :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.