Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've noticed that a lot of Axe FX patches I have downloaded and auditioned through my monitors sounded really bassy and had that woooOOOOOOMMMPPP swell to them. I've modified my patches so they sound really good in my room.

We took my monitors and my axe fx to another place to record, that has a much bigger room, and holy shit did my patches suck all kinds of balls. Patches that originally were way to wompy in the low end sounded great in there.

This can mean only one thing. My room (which is very very small) needs significant sound treatment.

Fuck. It never ends. Need better recording tone, buy Axe Fx. Need better monitoring for mix, buy monitors. Need more memory for multiple VSTs, buy more RAM. Now I need to buy bass traps and diffusors!?!!? Fuck.

Anyway, I have read a lot that has been posted here on room treatment, and I am now very convinced that it is totally necessary. But I am fucking broke. Fuck.

Also, I will be likely be moving from my apartment in 5 months, so I don't want to get super specific with this stuff, and then move and have it be useless in the next place.

That being said, can you guys point me to some cheap and effective ways to build traps? I would be very grateful.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: Thanks Crooks.

I saw that link in doing initial research, but I didn't know if anybody could attest to the effectiveness of those traps. Thanks, I will begin to spec out a build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts