1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
150 bucks the price I saw, so its substantial cheaper than the competition, meaning they must not be happy about it.

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
Damn, they really hit something great with this one. Letting you load your own IRs is key. I think they're going to sell a shitload.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I don't even have a specific use for one of these, but I kind of want one just because it's such a reasonable price for such a potentially useful thing. Even the built in cabs sound decent. Way better than Line6, anyways.
Yeah, me neither, but I want one. A Mooer preamp pedal and a Mooer Radar is a rig-in-yo-pocket.

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, me neither, but I want one. A Mooer preamp pedal and a Mooer Radar is a rig-in-yo-pocket.
Yeah, and I'm curious how it would sound running a killer bass cab IR with a Sansamp or other bass pre-amp pedal running into it. I know most bassists are cool with straight DI, but I love what a good bass cab does to the tone and hardly ever use straight DI.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yeah, and I'm curious how it would sound running a killer bass cab IR with a Sansamp or other bass pre-amp pedal running into it. I know most bassists are cool with straight DI, but I love what a good bass cab does to the tone and hardly ever use straight DI.
I really wish the FlyRigs had defeatable cabinet sims, because the Cali FlyRig with this would be amazing.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Thats cool, and will let me easily use other IRs with my old 11 Rack, which can be pretty crusty with just the stock IRs. When I use other IRs in Reaper its a much better sound but the slight latancy sucks for just jamming live.

·
Registered
165 Posts
$150 for a cab/mic and impulse response loader is insane. Seriously considering this for quick demo recordings. And you giggers could use this as a FOH solution :yesway:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Well, fuck me, but if I should ever need to make a live rig again, I will definitely get this.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
This. Anyone with something like an older Pod HD that doesn't have user IR capability can slap this thing in front of it and get a giant upgrade.
My thoughts exactly. Or Stick it in the fx loop after the amp block on your pod, and you have so many possibilities.

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
One thing I haven't been able to find out is, how many IRs can you load in at a time ? It's not that I'd need 100 or anything but the GSP1101 only has 10, so I was just curious if it has room for a few or a couple dozen.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I got one of these to use with my old POD X3, and it sounds like a completely new rig. I had to redo my patches, but this is the best I've gotten my POD to sound since I was using it with a real tube power amp and cab. For what these are selling for, they're amazing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts