Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude, I might as well spend $300 more and get a fucking computer along with my display.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I go all cross eyes looking at my 20" monitor sitting on my desk in front of me already, I can't imagine staring at a 27" unless it was 5' away. Yikes. I think there IS a point when a computer monitor is TOO big :lol: For me at least.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
While I love the shit out of my 27", for just a display, the $300 Hanns-G 28" that a few of us have now off of Newegg is definitely the way to go for just a monitor.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
^well, its also the pretty apple logo
Let's see, the 27" monitor costs $999, and the cheapest 27" iMac is $1699. So for $700 you're getting a Core i3 computer with a 1TB drive, 4GB of RAM, and an ATI HD5670. Sure, you can get a Windows PC cheaper, but $700 for a computer isn't outrageous, unless you're extraordinarily cheap.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Let's see, the 27" monitor costs $999, and the cheapest 27" iMac is $1699. So for $700 you're getting a Core i3 computer with a 1TB drive, 4GB of RAM, and an ATI HD5670. Sure, you can get a Windows PC cheaper, but $700 for a computer isn't outrageous, unless you're extraordinarily cheap.
Yeah, the iMacs are expensive, but they're not completely out there.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Justin just likes to take constant pot shots at Apple, and this was yet another opportunity. ;)
I see where he is coming from. I'd like to get a MacBook Pro for school, but the prices are painful, and both refurbished models I was interested in disappeared before I could scrape the funds together.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
yeah whats an extra .023% capital on your law school loans :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I see where he is coming from. I'd like to get a MacBook Pro for school, but the prices are painful, and both refurbished models I was interested in disappeared before I could scrape the funds together.
They're expensive, yes. This isn't news, so I don't see the point in carrying on about it in every thread.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How do you complain about connectors on a monitor that's bigger than your desk :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts