Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

:holy:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I can hear you clutching your iPhone all the way from New Zealand, mate :lol:
Australia cunt. Besides, Siri is just as useless. I don't see the value in voice control just yet as most of what I do, is done easily with my fingers. Occasionally the make a call without touching the phone thing is useful when driving but otherwise it's all meh to me.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Australia cunt. Besides, Siri is just as useless. I don't see the value in voice control just yet as most of what I do, is done easily with my fingers. Occasionally the make a call without touching the phone thing is useful when driving but otherwise it's all meh to me.
I meant I can hear it from New Zealand....because that's where I live :lol:

But yes, completely agree. I never use the voice control on my Nexus 5 (my brother does and it's awkward).

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Yeah I figured that after I posted. On mobile I couldn't see where you were located. I'm all for new technology but this is kinda forcing something that doesn't have any real use.

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
the voice recognition alone is mind blowing.
And I think that is the main point of the video. You can throw a bunch of different questions at it and it will parse all of them. Even after it is done answering the question you can provide new variables for the previous question without having to state the whole question and it compensates.

Real world usefulness? Well since I don't need to scan and catalog an entire planet and every biological life form and also calculate how many red shirts will die during the next away mission, not a whole lot. But the fact that it can do it is impressive.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Angrychair said:
the voice recognition alone is mind blowing.
No kidding. Siri only responds to me with stuff like "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about" or "Quit being stupid jaxadam". She's never come up with one helpful thing once.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Yeah I figured that after I posted. On mobile I couldn't see where you were located. I'm all for new technology but this is kinda forcing something that doesn't have any real use.
Eh, you never know what becomes useful once you're used to it or figure out how to use it differently. Look at google. In 1999, everybody thought search engines were done to death and new search engine stuff was all shark jumping time wasting fancy technology for technology's sake. And then google.

Not saying this will be the next huge thing, but you don't create awesome stuff by not trying shit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.