Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went to see Iron Maiden on their current tour in Tampa on Sunday night. Show was awesome, sound was awesome, and the newer songs are a fuck-ton better live.

Bruce's voice was 'on' the whole night. Janick needs to get muted during The Evil That Men Do, though. :lol: We think the soundman has a "Janick" button, because when he does crazy shit like surfing his guitar and all the pickslides/grinding on monitors, you don't really hear it.

Only bad note was the seating. I dunno if it's a venue issue, or what, but they sold me obstructed seats in the fan-club pre-sale. I though that was a bit lame. If I had known, I would've hit the random thing on ticketmaster's sight until the next section over came up.

So the pics sorta suck, but it's all I've got. :lol:

Preshow:

Show:

Some of those are out of order, heh.

BTW, the opening act, Black Tide suck ass. Heard they were even worse at the Sunrise show. Personally, I feel Maiden needs no opening act, but whatever. :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gonna see them in London in August, cannot wait. Of course I got standing places, because fuck sitting at concerts (unless of course, you can't stand).

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gonna see them in London in August, cannot wait. Of course I got standing places, because fuck sitting at concerts (unless of course, you can't stand).
We didn't sit at all through the show, but I prefer not to do general admission anymore. It's nice being able to hit the food places inbetween shitty opening act and the band, without ending up further back. :lol:

Besides, my girlfriend isn't really a metal fan, but likes Maiden, she would never go for GA tickets. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
You got those seats pre-sale? You need to complain to the fanclub. I'm sure that's not what they intended, and the promoter or venue may have screwed them over.

For many shows now, I buy at the last minute and end up getting great seats that had originally been set aside for the band or promoter. Doesn't always work, though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Maiden is always :metal:

Black Tide is hilarious, a couple years ago they were this really generic retro thrash/"classic" metal band that the mainstream media (Rolling Stone :lol:) was hailing as the next great thing. Apparently they've decided to hop trends and now they are some breakdown core band. :lol:

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Maiden is always :metal:

Black Tide is hilarious, a couple years ago they were this really generic retro thrash/"classic" metal band that the mainstream media (Rolling Stone :lol:) was hailing as the next great thing. Apparently they've decided to hop trends and now they are some breakdown core band. :lol:
thats funny. i liked a whole 2 songs on their first album, and one of them was hit the lights, which metallica did better anyway :rofl:

those are pretty crappy seats. i bet the sound was a little awkward from the side like that too. or was it ok?

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You got those seats pre-sale? You need to complain to the fanclub. I'm sure that's not what they intended, and the promoter or venue may have screwed them over.

For many shows now, I buy at the last minute and end up getting great seats that had originally been set aside for the band or promoter. Doesn't always work, though.
Yeah, we've got a thread going on the FC forum. Some people on the other side complained, and got put in the nosebleeds. :( I'm taking it as a learning experience, being in the closest section isn't always the best. :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
We didn't sit at all through the show, but I prefer not to do general admission anymore. It's nice being able to hit the food places inbetween shitty opening act and the band, without ending up further back. :lol:

Besides, my girlfriend isn't really a metal fan, but likes Maiden, she would never go for GA tickets. :lol:
I only ever venture to the front occasionally, I just chill out where there is enough space and drink my beer(s) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts