Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I will admit I used to be very bad at this. I'm on the road quite a bit, and texting seems to be a main communication standard for some of my friends and associates. A few years ago, we actually had a work safety meeting with "texting while driving" as the subject.

I am amazed to see how many people are fucking off on their phones while I'm driving by them, a lot of them so proficient that they are blasting away on their virtual keyboards with BOTH hands while their car switches to auto pilot. I'm also afraid that the habit is so ingrained in the youth of today that it will be impossible for them to break the habit once behind the wheel.

Now, it give me a good excuse to call the person and actually TALK to someone for a change when I'm on the road.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I am amazed to see how many people are fucking off on their phones while I'm driving by them, a lot of them so proficient that they are blasting away on their virtual keyboards with BOTH hands while their car switches to auto pilot. I'm also afraid that the habit is so ingrained in the youth of today that it will be impossible for them to break the habit once behind the wheel.
This. So much this. I commute about 2 hours a day, and I see dozens of people every single day with their eyes in their laps ignoring the road. It's infuriating.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Chris said:
This. So much this. I commute about 2 hours a day, and I see dozens of people every single day with their eyes in their laps ignoring the road. It's infuriating.
I'll even give 'em a little courtesy honk and a courtesy stare, or like you did on the bike, crack it to about 12 grand.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Ive been wondering about the honk thing to get people off their phones. I want a bush bar on my little matrix so i can give them a nudge..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts