Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a brief 60 second clip using the Vox emulation in GB for iOS. Guitar is my PRS SE Korina, first neck, then bridge, then with more gain, then with some echo effects.

I plan on recording more examples going forward, however I can most definitely say that the IK Multimedia iRig is NOT suitable for this. You really need something like the Apogee Jam, which is a dedicated unit going through the dock connector. As the gain goes higher on the models, you have to ramp up the noise gate, which really screws things up. Therefore no Marshall or Mesa models until I get that.

Amp models included overall are:

Tweed
Blackface
Vox
Marshall JCM
Rcto
Hi Watt
JTM45
Orange
Brownface

At first spin, the clean stuff is quite nice, as is the mid gain stuff. The higher gain stuff, especially the Recto, is going to need some fine tuning before I think it'll work, however as always backing off on the gain really helps with modeling, to keep it from getting fizzy.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Jeff, your playing has always reminded me of Mark Tremonti, in kind of a good way. :yesway:

That's a stock Garageband plugin? That's funny, and also not half bad, at ALL. Leave it to Apple. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, your playing has always reminded me of Mark Tremonti, in kind of a good way. :yesway:
I will take that as a compliment, since I've always liked Creed/AB, and particularly Tremonti.

That's a stock Garageband plugin? That's funny, and also not half bad, at ALL. Leave it to Apple. :lol:
Stock plugin for GarageBand iOS, running on an iPad, not the Mac version. Though I imagine the Mac version is likely sounding similar.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I will take that as a compliment, since I've always liked Creed/AB, and particularly Tremonti.
It's meant as one. A lot of the stuff after the first Creed album, IMO, kinda blew, but even then it was mostly Stapp, and I always thought the riffs were pretty sick. And Alter Bridge just flat out rules. :metal:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Drew said:
Jeff said:
It's meant as one. A lot of the stuff after the first Creed album, IMO, kinda blew, but even then it was mostly Stapp, and I always thought the riffs were pretty sick. And Alter Bridge just flat out rules. :metal:
Come to think of it, I did have an entire song completely nixed by bandmates in my last project, because it sounded "too much like a Creed/Alter Bridge/3 Doors Down song" :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts