Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the eden world traveller 550 to my friend's house and what struck me was the knobs on the front and back are just begging to be knocked or damaged. Is there a way to house the amp to prevent that? It did come with two brackets and some screws.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Yup get a rack of its rack mountable. Anything damagable will be recessed enough to where they won't be sticking out.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
With the WT550, you can get away with a 2U rack bag or rack case. Pick something lightweight as it'll get heavy quick.

Other possibility is to get a case from Pelican or SKB with pick-and-pluck foam in the right size. Might actually be cheaper, lighter, easier to carry, and more protective.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
pretty sure someone has a 4U gator case in london or TO for $100. Saw it on a facebook group.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
pretty sure someone has a 4U gator case in london or TO for $100. Saw it on a facebook group.
If all he's hauling is a WT550, that's monster overkill :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
its available, and he can throw a $50 tuner in there :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Just about any rack case will allow you to take the front and back off for ventilation. If the amp has a vent on the top, you may want to get one size bigger than your unit(s) require, but a lot will also have a bit of clearance to allow for that, anyway.

If you aren't fussy, the cheaper (Stagg and unbranded) rack cases will do just fine. You can pick them up on eBay very cheaply.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
FYI, I had a WT400, which I racked with a tuner and powerstrip in a 4U rack. It wasn't worth it. The whole thing weighed more than my 212XLT bass cab :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The WTX bags are designed for the WTX series, which are much smaller and lighter than the WT series.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts