Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Because i have a Spider Valve,but i'm not sure of the correct settings.
I'm going wager a guess and say you might be new to gear.

There isn't per say correct settings. Start off with every knob at 12 o clock as if you were looking at s clock.

Adjust from there. :yesway: avoid scooping the mids. You will need less gain less bass and more mids than you think. :yesway:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
"off".

:lol: Kidding. Lke Jason said, you need to try different settings, with everything at noon. Start from there and experiment. The best setting will be what sound good to your ears, no matter what other say.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I normally do the set at 12 or 2 and adjust but if you are trying to learn how to eq I like to try this. You play through the amp and totally turn off the bass knob, as you are playing sweep the knob from zero to full gradually so you can hear what a difference the control makes and what it sounds like when it's missing and up too high. Repeat with the mids, treble, presence and gain knobs if you have them. Play around with it like that for a while so you can try and learn what you need to adjust to get closer to the sounds you want.

·
That guy
28 Posts
Settings....line6.....spider. I'm confused :spock:, I would honestly recommend changing that amp as soon as you get the cash. I don't think "settings" apply to this amp. Sorry, not being rude.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
The spider valves don't sound that bad (a whole lot better than the non valves)

I would suggest going through the presets until you find one that is kind of close and then just tweak that and save it as a new preset.

I messed around with one in the shop and one of the bumblefoot patches was kind of nice for leads. :shrug: YMMV

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
:lol:

But yeah, no idea. If I had to play through one and I had a chance to try and dial in a good tone or two, I'd flip through the manual a few times to get a solid understanding of the process flow, signal chain, and specifically, which amp models are present to choose from.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Settings....line6.....spider. I'm confused :spock:, I would honestly recommend changing that amp as soon as you get the cash. I don't think "settings" apply to this amp. Sorry, not being rude.
I've heard a Spider Valve do quite well in a band setting going up against a rack rig with an AxeFx going through a Fryette 2/90/2 (my rig at the time). They aren't bad amps, and they don't seem hard to dial in.

Ambro's SpiderValve is the one that I am referring to, and maybe he can weigh in here. IIRC he used whatever the Recto model is called and kept the controls around noon. Turning up the master volume also helps a lot because it gets the power tubes working a bit harder.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Says the guy with a Blackheart.

How about just trying to help the guy if you can, and shutting up if you can't, instead of making rude remarks about his amp (that sounds better than yours)?

·
That guy
28 Posts
I'm sorry if I offended any of you guys, my amp is shit I know that. Just making a joke didn't mean it.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
Then fuck off.

Anyway, my settings were metal (recto), gain at 6, low at 6, mid at 4, high at 6, chan vol 10, and master however loud it needed to be. Keep in mind that cabs do change the sound and my 1960a sounded magical to my ears.

This was mine and Zepparino's band doodlybob thing. The rigs were mic'd with a KSM27 and SM57. Zepp's rig comes in first, then mine. Guitars were Ibanez s7420 and rg7620. Rhythm tracks are both rigs.

http://soundcloud.com/aeternusnoctis/abandonsolace

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Proof that I actually do play guitar on occasion :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The spider valves don't sound that bad (a whole lot better than the non valves)

I would suggest going through the presets until you find one that is kind of close and then just tweak that and save it as a new preset.

I messed around with one in the shop and one of the bumblefoot patches was kind of nice for leads. :shrug: YMMV
This.

I know bands like Lacuna Coil use them.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
That was a fantastic track Ambrosius and Zepp :doom:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts