Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I never tried this on the Mac side unfortunately. Can toast really convert an MKV file? Since MKV is a container, I wonder if it can actually split all the streams and re-encode it before burning a DVD.

·
18,790 Posts
I never tried this on the Mac side unfortunately. Can toast really convert an MKV file? Since MKV is a container, I wonder if it can actually split all the streams and re-encode it before burning a DVD.
Haven't tried MKV yet, now that I think about it. The only MKV files I have are 1080p, so they'd have a whole other set of issues burning to DVD :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
All I'll say is Roxio never fails to piss me off. Unless they've improved in the last 3-5 years, they're like the AOL of burning software.

Does Nero not perform this function? I have it at home and it generally takes care of my media manipulation needs.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I'll say is Roxio never fails to piss me off. Unless they've improved in the last 3-5 years, they're like the AOL of burning software.

Does Nero not perform this function? I have it at home and it generally takes care of my media manipulation needs.
Dude that is so fucking spot-on. :lol: :agreed:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
man... do you have a tiny external drive that you can install windows on? I know that'll prolly be a lot of work just to convert an MKV, but if the movie's worth it... mkvtoolnix, avidub, and (I can't remember what program I use to convert an AAC surround sound file into just plain stereo).

I don't see Roxio being able to convert a 5.1 Dolby AAC file...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have vMWare Fusion. Toast recognizes the MKV's fine, but it doesn't do anything afterwards. It sticks on Encoding if I try to leave the vids as NTSC, and sticks at Preparing if I let it convert to PAL. :(

So I'm still on the hunt for software that actually works. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in the middle of going from MKV to mp4 wiht Handbrake, and Toast is actually tacking up percentage-wise writing it, so we'll see if this is the winning plan.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

MPEG Streamclip to something iDVD can read is what I would do.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Well let me know the results! I have both mac and windows but I'd like to be able to do something like this on both platforms because my macs are faster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts