OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I LOVE Rush, but rarely can stand Rush covers. I thought this one though was definitely on point.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts

New Oceans of Slumber
I am so hung up on this song right now I listen to it at least a dozen times a day. LOVE the guitar parts at the 5:20-ish mark. Such a brutal tone and when the second guitar kicks in it really fleshes it out with a complimentary tone.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts

Digging these guys for some stoner rock meets 70s Hammondy Deep Purple.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
So stoked to have new Kathleen Edwards music

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts

Miss the days when I could actually sing this song...

·
Registered
22 Posts

Miss the days when I could actually sing this song...
Wow, so cool to see this get mentioned, CLASSIC album of what used to be regarded as progressive power metal in the underground 80's way, raw, heavy, yet still very musical, and very METAL. :metal:

I like the previous album 'The Spectre Within' evenmore.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Wow, so cool to see this get mentioned, CLASSIC album of what used to be regarded as progressive power metal in the underground 80's way, raw, heavy, yet still very musical, and very METAL. :metal:

I like the previous album 'The Spectre Within' evenmore.
Yes, both albums are absolute classics. Not sure why, but Prelude just stuck with me back then - I'd go around singing the vocalizing part in the beginning all day long... then I started singing death metal and out the door went my ability to hit all those glassy high notes... :lol:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Love the riffs in this one - these guys get after it.

3281 - 3300 of 3333 Posts