Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the seller had it listed as gray but it doesn't look like gray to me. (oh...and yes on it's way to me :) )
I have a sickness.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never saw that color listed on the wicki site for the 560, but it does look like it I thought maybe it was 'Violet Pearl" ??

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what year is that catalog pic from? mine says 87 on the headstock

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Maybe a late 87 built neck used on a body finished in 88? Either way, VP looks about right.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the 560 officially was not part of the line until 88 so I'm thinking Drew maybe right on that

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I believe the 560 officially was not part of the line until 88 so I'm thinking Drew maybe right on that
It'd make sense. There's no difference between a 570 and 560 neck, I'm sure, so they probably were used interchangably. Just like all the "7420 with 7620 neck!" for sales we used to see, where it wasn't a neck swap and a "valuable feature," it was just both guitars came with the same neck, and differed in body finish, routing, trem, and pickups. :shrug:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Gorgeous guitar, I LOVE 560s :) Find a maple board for it!

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there was a blue one on Ebay last week with a maple board and someone hit it before I had the chance to grab it :(
I might grab a 1560 down the road, I really like the 15xx necks, my 1550M has become one of my favorite guitars to play.
I need black knobs for this one I don't like the look of the chrome ones on there now, I think I'm going to try the single coil sized Air Norton in the neck of this one too.
I haven't tried that one yet.
doing my part to fuel the economy :crooks:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts