Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, Hollywood... No. :noway:

The one thing I will give this is that the dude they got to play Conan looks a lot like the artist rendition of Conan on the book covers and such.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Its not even that old, its not like other movie's which are so old you just can't watch them because of lackluster production.

THUMBS DOWN!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The lack of Basil Poledouris' score alone is enough to make me not want to watch this movie, but the Matrix-style dodging while fighting people made out of sand? Lame. :noway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Its not even that old, its not like other movie's which are so old you just can't watch them because of lackluster production.
The opposite is true, actually, since the production work on the original was absolutely amazing. The movie looks gritty and realistic, and you can get lost in the outstanding music.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
The opposite is true, actually, since the production work on the original was absolutely amazing. The movie looks gritty and realistic, and you can get lost in the outstanding music.
Thats what I was trying to say dude, I was saying the original production isnt bad at all and doesn't need to be redone.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Totally agree. Some movies you look at and just cringe because they haven't aged well, and you wonder what they'd be like with modern special effects. Some movies are just timeless in their look. Conan was one of the latter.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
arnold IS conan. this is horrible, i hope it horriblely fails, and the person who thought of this goes poor and gets assfucked by a hobo in the cardboard box next to his.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
How original. :noway:
Here's the last 15 years of Hollywood in a nutshell:
1. Remaking classic flicks that didn't need to be remade
2. Option every possible superhero comic book & adapt it to the big screen
3. Oooooo, we have computers now! Load it up w/ TONS of CGI! We'll make millions.
4. Gotta make everything 3D!

Completely unoriginal & uninspired.
Fin.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Whatever, I'll fucking watch it. It could be badass. If it at least is a legitimate take on the comics and stuff, I'm in. Absolutely will not pay $13 to see it at a theater, however.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Hollywood has run out of ideas. They have no choice BUT to remake movies in order to stay afloat :noway:

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
^ Added to list. :yesway:
:yesway:

Hollywood has run out of ideas. They have no choice BUT to remake movies in order to stay afloat :noway:
I think there have been some great movies in the past few years. The only reason we think older eras were better is because we only remember the good movies. Just look at MST3K and see how many horrible movies have been made :lol:.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1) Gecko/20110318 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec/4.0)

Soopstradamus said:
Whatever, I'll fucking watch it. It could be badass. If it at least is a legitimate take on the comics and stuff, I'm in. Absolutely will not pay $13 to see it at a theater, however.
Sorry, but a D&D looking comic book is nothing compared to that movie. It wad the first legitimate fantasy epic, and not pandering to the geeks at all. Most fantasy can be equated to everything that is wrong with the sci fi channel. :lol:

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Looks like they gave Michael Bay a colonic, and put what was flushed out onto film.

This actually looks worse than that Prince of Persia adaptation.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I just finally got to watch the trailer...

I'm sorry, but the ONLY thing that makes this even closely resemble "Conan" is the fact that the main character is a muscle bound dude, with long dark hair, that wields a sword.... THAT'S IT!

Name it ANYTHING else, and I'd go see it. But this looks NOTHING like the original, and doesn't even seem to have a similar plot at all WHATSOEVER?!?!.... so how is this a 'remake'??

This is fucking stupid. I hate hollywood.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts