Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of getting a handheld console and not use what to get these days, the last one I owned was a PSP but how's the status today?

Is the 3DS really that cool?

I own a PS3 so are the VITA and that interlinked somehow like the PSP and Ps3 was?

Important part is of course the games, give some hints and great games for both consoles.

Thanks!

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
3DS isn't all that great, I still have mine but I keep the 3D thing on off cause it's a headache to watch in 3D all the time. However the analog joystick was something they needed for a long time. Also the 3DS can play DS games as well in case you wanted to know. I know nothing about Vita and it's possibilities.

·

745 Posts
I've had the 3DS for about a week and played with PS Vita, from my experience Vita games look much better, two analogs are great too, but the x,o, square and triangle buttons are half the size of those in PSP, which is a shame. My biggest concern is that neither of the two have a good game base as of now - IMO there are like 2-3 bigger games for each right now...

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Also, they're rumoured to be bring out a 3DS 'Pro' with the twin analog sticks, as they're bringing an add-on out for the current model. I dunno if there's much truth behind that mind.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
IMO there are like 2-3 bigger games for each right now...
That's my complaint. I'd go for the 3ds, personally, but yeah.

It also seems to me that hand helds are a dying market with the advent of phones that can play games fairly well, and all those games are a buck each on an app store. Not really a big incentive to drop 30-40 on a DS or Vita game.

I think that this PA strip sums up the whole deal nicely:

I cant help but agree with it, despite the fact I think the 3DS is a great little system.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
^ i agree with that :agreed:

they expect us to pony up $200+ for a system, and then don't bother to get any developer support to make good games for it. i bought a psp when they first came out, and it ended up just being something i played emulators on.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That's my complaint. I'd go for the 3ds, personally, but yeah.

It also seems to me that hand helds are a dying market with the advent of phones that can play games fairly well, and all those games are a buck each on an app store. Not really a big incentive to drop 30-40 on a DS or Vita game.

I think that this PA strip sums up the whole deal nicely:

I cant help but agree with it, despite the fact I think the 3DS is a great little system.
While I think the graphics on the iPhone and particularly the iPad 3 are pretty stellar (I've got games like Infinity Blade, Mass Effect, Dead Space) the controls are just awful when compared to a DS or Vita. If Apple were to announce a standard for game control via Bluetooth or dock connector, I'd really be sold. In fact, I don't know that I'd buy a console again, since I could then also connect to the TV via HDMI.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
iPhone.

Try Real Racing 2 for instance, better driving and gaming experience than I ever had on PSP.

Now if they could only make a gamepad enclosure for iPhone with an official Apple API...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Get a smart phone, jailbreak it, and get NES/SNES/Genesis emulators, and some of the newer ones will even run PSX emulators, and you can hook a Wii controller to it with Bluetooth.

If you're not in the market for a phone, I'd say just go 3DS or even just a DS. More games out right now, and you can do the emulator thing on a DS. Not sure how since I don't own one, but I've seen people with them.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I own both.

I like the Vita a lot more - it's more comfortable, way more powerful and it's got two analog sticks. However, the lack of good games for this things just SUCKS. I'm going to pick up Resistance today which I'm exited about, but the 3DS absolutely blows away what the Vita has in terms of games.

I'd say for now, go for the 3DS. It's like half the price, and has a much better selection of games. In the future, the Vita may be the winner, but right now it's definitely not.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
You won't be able to play D3 on the road though when you go on tour unless you have an internet connection.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The Nintendo company brings a lot of interesting and good handheld devices but I am not quite moved by their 3ds implementation. Or that might be because I have been used to a lot of sony counterparts that are surely working really great and all that.

So for me, the choice would ultimately be the ps vita. But that would still depend if you have had too much of the sony devices already, then it would be negligible if you go with Nintendo.
I can't tell if this poster is a bot or not. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Extraneous and incomprehensible!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Extraneous and incomprehensible!
Like the History Channel?

I watched a show on an imaginary second sun in our solar system tonight. This is after hearing "Leonardo da Vinci stepped through a stargate and received information from future aliens" on the channel the other night.

Really. I'm not kidding. I'm almost watching out of morbid curiosity at this point.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I can't tell if this poster is a bot or not. :lol:
I thought the same thing, but I dont think so. While it's straight out of left field, its still vaguely relevant, in a non profitable way :lol:

I wouldnt be willing to bet any money on it either way though. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts