Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for a while now I've been meaning to swap all my RGs to Gotoh Floyds. The Bridge has everything I want in a Tremolo, and it fits the Edge rout. While I was at it, I figured I'd change my blue "750" over to an H-H setup, and go to 3 way switching on it and my Grey #1.

As a side note: Edge trems and Gotohs have the same spring block spacing, so all those brass big blocks I bought swapped right onto the new trems! Yay!

Blue RG750-
New Pickguard:

New Switches:

New Trem:

Good Bye useless middle single coil:

New Wiring:

Installed pickguard and finished:

Grey RG750-
This one needed a little sanding to shoehorn the bridge in. I was a little surprised, because the other 2 guitars didn't.. Off day on the CNC machines at Fujigen?

New Trem:

New Wiring:

Finished:

RG565-
This didn't need any wiring or anything, just a new bridge. Got a shot of my C-tuning Elixirs while I was at it. :lol:

Group Shot:

Now the Xiphos is my only guitar without a Gotoh Floyd. I just don't want to cut the rout up more for one, really. :(

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
The whole post was cool, and informative, once I went back. It's just that, once I saw the purple Charvel, I forgot how I got there :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I rather have the sunburst Charvel. I've always loved that finish.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
I :wub: Gotoh Floyds!

Beautiful collection dude!

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So what do you like about the Gotoh over the Edge?
The arm holder's a lot better, it's a bit brighter-sharper due to the all steel construction, and I like all my guitars having the same bridge. :lol:

....and I can buy Gotohs new for what I can sell my Edge trems for, so I break even pretty much.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The arm holder's a lot better, it's a bit brighter-sharper due to the all steel construction, and I like all my guitars having the same bridge. :lol:
They sound/feel just like a real Floyd, except they have that awesome bar holder and comfortably rounded saddles. Why oh why won't they give it to use in a seven? :wallbash:

....and I can buy Gotohs new for what I can sell my Edge trems for, so I break even pretty much.
That's like getting paid to recycle. :lol:

·
Registered
617 Posts
These Gotohs look nice. Are they a drop in replacement for an OFR? Or do you have to replace the inserts too? I have an old model 4 with a JT6 in bad shape, from what I've read an OFR should fit right in but I'm wondering if I could try a Gotoh in there too.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
These Gotohs look nice. Are they a drop in replacement for an OFR? Or do you have to replace the inserts too? I have an old model 4 with a JT6 in bad shape, from what I've read an OFR should fit right in but I'm wondering if I could try a Gotoh in there too.
I think (but I'm not totally sure) they're a bit bigger because they're locking studs. Which is awesome:metal:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts